The sound of a train...

by LevelThePlayingField 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I remember hearing the sounds of the train horn blowing on January 1st 2015 and remembering, "another year and no armagedon". And I was so disappointed. I hated to hear that train whistle blow. It was cold, it blew and blew. The whole year went by and woke up completely with TTATT. The Royal Commission really did it for me.

And then I started to hear those same train horns blow again this fall, and I'm starting to think, "no, I don't care if Armageddon doesn't come this year, I don't care! Let them blow! In fact, let that sound be the sound of the clarity of TTATT! Yes!

The next time you hear the sound of a train horn, remember, that's the sound of TTATT! The sound of reality!

We live in the real. For all of us that are willing to accept that, let the horn blow!

• Divergent
    Divergent
    So you wanted Armageddon to come. For me though, it was the opposite. I didn't want Armageddon to come as I thought I would be screwed if it did. I wasn't enthusiastic in meetings & field service, could never engage in JW activities wholeheartedly, never could do enough to please the judgemental elders, had secret sins & prefered a "worldly" way of life... just could never be the perfect JW portrayed by the organization. Learning TTATT was the best thing that ever happened to me! I no longer fear dying at Armageddon but look to the future with confidence, whatever it may be
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Yeah in 2000 i was home counting down to midnite what a perfect date for judgement day....AND THEN...FIREWORKS CLINGING CLASSES OF BOOZE and ....nothing...Y2K my ass!
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    Armageddon outta here, run.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yeah I hear you. The sound of reality can be quite sobering. It's kind of amazing how you refer to a train horn. It's like you hear the train getting louder and louder then passing then passing on then the whistle gets quieter and quieter it makes you compare with time and the years how they pass on and on......it makes you wonder how the rank and file feel after 45-50 plus years on in the Borg.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Beth Sarim - Wow, that's deep, thanks.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

LevelThePlayingField / Beth Sarim - Listen to this music by Pat Metheny - Its a wonderful metaphor about life's struggles and strivings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V9vQ_y9JJ1E#t=9

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    AFRIKANMAN every time you hear that train horn, it's the sound of freedom!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I live near an Amtrack rail, the trains pass through several times a day. I love the sound of the horn and the soft rumble of the train. It makes me feel safe, the trains are running, life is going on as it should, right on schedule, all is well.

It's nice to not have to think as about doom and gloom isn't it?

• username

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit