The sound of a train...

by LevelThePlayingField 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

LevelThePlayingField the effect for me is the same - Its liberating piece of music that I have to confess [ and I am a "tough" guy ] gets me choked up at times - I see in that train humans striving - struggling with their proverbial torture stakes - I also see the "worldly ...doomed....people " who everyday all bloody-well getting off their derrieres and striving to make a difference in the world and in the lives of their fellowman - while JW.CULT does sweet Fanny Adams ! ..."Oh we just wait for the Big Guy to press the big red button of Doom - solve the problems in one Big Genocide "

Stay well !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just Kidding - "...I didn't want Armageddon to come..."

Same here, but for very different reasons.

I never worried too much about whether I'd make it (if I did, I did; if I didn't, I'd never know), but I felt that they were too many decent non-JWs out there who didn't really deserve it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yeah, I just can't imagine the disappointment of those who have been in the borg 45-50 years plus. Each fall or spring ''big announcement'' , ''big announcement'' only to announce some measly book or meeting change. Always been ''so close'' to the big ''A'' and nothing ever comes. Must be very tiring, I'm very sure.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Beth Sarim...

I've lost count of the number of stories posted here about older JWs who've come to the realization that they're gonna "die in this System of Things", and how bummed they get.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit