Make America Great Again Hats...would you wear one?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'm a Brit living in Britland. I'm not really up for wearing one. No disrespect to my American friends and family.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I think he is a horrible person, so no. But even if I was a Trump supporter, I would not wear one.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Minimus: I like Trump

I am a fair- minded person and I can even typically get along with those who like the not-so-fair-minded president. But I believe the underlying message behind "Make America Great Again" is nostalgia for a pre-Civil Rights time. So no hat for me. I like gay people, ethnic people, foreigners, and generally do not long for the time when they were more openly discriminated.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

The list of cons out weigh the pros. DT is a con. Nope. No hat, no free advertising from me.

• jp1692
    jp1692

OTWO: I believe the underlying message behind "Make America Great Again" is nostalgia for a pre-Civil Rights time.

This comment by OTWO, raises some important and often ignored questions that need to be asked about this "Make America Great Again" slogan:

• What is it -- right now (or 2016,if you prefer) -- about America that isn't great? (Be specific.)
    • When was it exactly exactly that those who endorse this slogan believe that America "was great"?
    • Why exactly do they think that America "was great" then, but not now?
    • What values and beliefs are implicit in accepting this slogan and everything that goes with it?
    • Correspondingly, what values and beliefs does accepting this slogan require a person to thereby reject?

I have some very specific ideas about the answers to all of these questions, but would be very curious the hear the answers from members of our forum.

jp

• QuestioningEverything
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Funny I just replied to another OP with a similar reaction. I find it fascinating that there is people in this group that still find anything rescuable in Trump. The man could speak with a machine that turns his voice into that of Tony Morris and you could not tell the difference. He drags a cult like following after himself.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny how some hate the man and suggest that wearing a hat supports discrimination. But to each their own.

• cofty
    cofty

Serious question - When was this time that the word 'again' implies?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I just want to know what "Make America great again " actually means at the end of the day, for America and the rest of the world.

What does a "great" America look like? Is it a reference to the fifties? Eighties? Pre 911? Pre political correctness? Time only marches forward, change is inevitable and some genies cannot be put back in their bottles.

Is there a hat that says Define "great." I'd like to know what I am agreeing with before I agree with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit