You might think that I need help that I have been brain washed.

by garybuss 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Hey Gary,

I agree with everybody else, I think this person is terrified by what they're reading. They doth protest too much...with the "nothing could ever make me leave." How many here once said the same thing? Many, I'd bet.

Not me, LOL but many!

She/he's threatened by the facts, as most people who want to cling to lies are, and as the facade of truth chips away, seeing the real world beneath gets more and more scary and makes them lash out like a cornered animal. Fortunately, this place will be here when they need to talk, and are ready to make the transition.

Sorry to go offtopic, my private messaging isn't working: Thirdson, I'd love to hear from you! I have thought of you often. My e mail is [email protected], please drop a note when you can, if you'd like.

~Essie

• neyank
    neyank

"No one, no Satan, no Reed, no tapes, no parents, no friends, nothing can take it away. Because it is mine and I would fight to the end for it to remain mine."

Well, this really says it all. Doesn't it?

In other words, no TRUTH about the 'truth' will make me change my mind.

No one, no way, no how is going to make me think that the 'truth' isn't the TRUTH.

I think that's the viewpoint that makes so many want to remain within the grasp of the WTS.

They WANT to believe that the 'truth' is really TRUE.

So much so that they will block out anything including REAL TRUTH to remain in their dream world.

I guess reality is hard to handle tho.

I mean you have to actually use your own concience,make your own decisions and answer for your own actions.

Where as being a JW, all things are decided for you.
    All you have to do is block your ears and close your eyes and blindly follow along even tho there is so much proof surounding them that the WTS IS NOT Gods chosen org.

By their love you will know them.

HMMMM. They don't have that. Do they?

By their fruits you will recognize them.
    Well, we've seen what the fruits that JWs produce.
    After all, most of us here were JWS.
    And the fruits are NOT those that Jesus spoke of. ARE THEY?

The fact is, almost all of us said the exact same thing this person is saying.

That was before we put the scripture to use.

Test all things.

Well we did and the WTS failed the test.

neyank

• caligirl
    caligirl

Wow. that is the most defensive letter I have read in a long time. Seems that someone had a nagging doubt somewhere in their head that got seriously raked over the coals when they ignored the "advice" to not do any internet research and read what they did!

This person also goes on the popular assumption that no one would just voluntarily walk away. Anyone who departs such perfection as exists in the organization just can't take responsibility for their actions. That is exactly the stance that is drilled into them to keep them under the thumb of the organization. It is so sad to see people like that. But as others have said, he seems to have the curiosity to read on his own, causing him to look at "forbidden" information. Maybe he will be fortunate and just open enough that what he reads will break through and open his eyes.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I prefer to be brain washed by the witnesses

That just about sums up the entire email I believe.... Poor witness. They don't even realize it.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Oh you can just smell the insecurity..

I would say there's a difference between making the truth your own (which sounds like an awkward statement anyway) and making your own the truth. In actuality, the witnesses just makes their own the truth, as fragile as it is.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Hey Gary,

Seems strange that after all these years "they" still feel the need to contact you with such vapid reasoning, oh well.......yes, I too feel that an "end" could come at any time, but once again, nothing that the WBTS has said or done proves they are a true prophet and nothing that they have said or done is going to afford them any special protection if and when that time comes. nuff said. Peace to you Gary.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks for all the replies. This week I got this one from another JW I do not know.

none of your suggestions have worked.I am still one of jehovah's witnesses.
    There must be a LOT of em reading web pages. I have been away from group employment since 1974. I am old news and I am amazed at the knee jerk replies. I was kind to the writer above. I just thanked them and asked them to clarify the post. Like . . . what was the message? :-)
  • shamus
    shamus

It is a psychological truth that those persons who are very defensive are defensive for a reason - because they feel guilty. Any idiot parent knows this when they ask their kids what's wrong and they say rather obnoxiously "NOTHING!". I used to hang with people who would write crap out like that - not one of them is in the organization anymore. The thing to remember to all those angry people who criticize is to just tell them to let time tell - tell weather they can handle all the horrible sexual abuse that occured. They may have been told by the WTS that it is not true, but I can assure you that it is. Certainly, the Apostle Paul was right when he made those statements. Unfortunately, he was not talking of the scribes and pharisees. He was talking of a religion that had fruits for its works - the WT society has none.

Also - it seems obvious that that poster needs to work on the fruits of the spirit. He/she sure gets worked up about nothing.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I think it is a great letter! I printed it out and used it to line the litter box. Monday I will drop it by the PO's house and put it in his door on the way to work. Smell ya later, Maverick

• Buster
    Buster

Its amazing to see a person clinging to ignorance as though it were the highest virtue. They think they invented that sentiment. From an assembly sometime around 1979 or 1980, I remember that they had the nerve to say (and I don't remember the exact words) what a priviledge it is to be wrong with Jehovah than right without him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit