The Coronavirus Is Trump’s Fault!

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    Death rate is less than 1 percent...

It's actually about 2% but much higher among older people.

• jp1692
    jp1692

If this becomes a full-blown pandemic, which seems likely, this could result in more deaths worldwide than the Spanish flu early last century.

• LV101
    LV101

Thankfully, President Trump has appointed Vice President Pence unlike irresponsible Obama who appointed Ron Klain, former braindead Biden's aid, over Ebola. Biden's handlers need to corral him - it's sad.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

The death rate is believed to be less than 1 percent due to China under reporting the number of confirmed cases.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The primary blame is censorship, and China is guilty of that. Sending people to jail for blabbing about the virus is quite blatant--and that prevented others from preparing for it earlier. If they would have attacked the disease as soon as it came instead of forcibly pretending it didn't exist, they could have eliminated it quickly and it would have been kept to a few cases, or even just one. But they put people in jail and lower their social score for trying to help others from properly preparing.

Also, when big companies ban people for blabbing about the problem right here, it only helps the official narrative that there is no problem here. Then, when it grows, they will bring in panic--forced poison vaccines that make the problem worse, food riots, and so on. Meanwhile, Trump gets blamed and The Lizard gets put in as president. Then we get all sorts of third world immigration from every country except Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or in Europe--forcing racial tension and stripping indigenous white people of their rights in favor of those they bring in from everywhere else. Full communism comes to this country, and science is totally stamped out. Ultimately, we are all enslaved--black as well as what's left of the white race both.

Regardless that censorship prevents people from properly preparing, it is China that takes the blame for lying about the problem. True, a free media will have bogus solutions and solutions that will do more harm than good. That is the price you pay for free speech. Smart people can filter out the bad information and find the truth, while stupid people need to be "protected". Of course, the official narrative is even worse than the worst of the "bad information". I still advise anyone that still can to get extra food, since there could be a month shutdown of your city or food shortages due to panic or supply disruptions. But, I think it's a good idea for people to avoid Chinese products where possible, and not just because of risk of catching the virus. Because they lied about the virus.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

A couple of quick comments in relation to death rate (percentage). It is actually a complicated topic.

Let’s assume the official data is correct. (Probably isn’t, but...) So far, there are 85,691 cases, and 2933 deaths. You may say, that indicates a death rate of 3.4%.

However, the majority of those cases are still in hospital, and thousands are still in a serious or critical condition. If you compare deaths to those fully recovered (39,766 people), you get a death rate of about 7%. This number has been steadily improving. A couple of weeks ago it implied a death rate of about 18% or so. I suspect (but don’t know) that what happened was that when a massive number of cases came in, in China, they just didn’t have enough mechanical ventilators to keep all the more serious cases alive.

I suspect the death rate will end up being in the 2 to 3% range, and better than that if the number of new cases are kept low.

The death rate also dramatically changes with age. If you are below 40, it is not much more dangerous than the flu. At least until recently, there has not been a single death of anyone under 10. It seems that if you have any heart or respiratory condition, it is a very dangerous virus. There is some anecdotal evidence (not yet substantiated) that smokers are twice as likely to die. From what I have read, I wonder if people getting their aerobic fitness up a little (say eg by doing a 5km walk once a week) might make them more resistant to the virus. (Disclaimer: I have no medical qualification whatsoever.)

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Silentbudda, I doubt that China has deliberately not reported detected cases, at least after late January. If anything, it was initially the other way around; they had been under reporting deaths in the early stages, labelling them as pneumonia or heart failure.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Yes thank god Pence is the head of it. I understand instead of facemask and test kits he will be giving out bibles and asking people to pray over the ones who get sick. Nothing like a religious fundamentalist who doesn't believe in the science of evoultion and medicine. Let's all hope more level minded people will prevail. Still Totally ADD

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Right, and that is what I see reported: some places you get reports of this virus is killing at rates below 1%, and some reports that it is killing at rates higher than 2%. The Spanish flu was around 2.5%, I believe.

It sounds like we don’t really have reliable numbers just yet ...

• minimus
    minimus

Pence is a serious minded man. He shouldn’t be attacked . I have no doubt he will work diligently. Don’t be a hater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit