What is the history of this forum?

by shamus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Hi There-

Just wondering how long this forum has been around, and if there is a web page or something like that for it. The only reason that I ask is because it has been years since I left the org. and have never heard of anything like this, and wonder how word can get out to people so that they do not have to deal with the horrible feelings alone.

Also, I want to thank the person or persons who made this forum available. I am just estatic reading that there are so many people out there like us! Hearing your stories makes me feel human again, and well.

Again, thank you for this wonderful forum!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"In the beginning..................."

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

"In the beginning there was Joy...and the Lord said it was good."

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Simon and his lovely wife make this forum possible, and we all appreciate it enormously.

Welcome to the board.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFL@ Billygoat!!

Hey don't hijack this thread. I'm sure Shamus is sincere in his question. And you have been here longer, so you could give a Billygoat translation version!

Yes Shamus, this site is great for helping xjws heal like a lot of therapy could/would/should have. Glad you found this place.

j2bf

btw, Simon & Angharad are the host/hostess and they are great people. Very patient with us all (I serve cheese & crackers for the whiners )

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

The girls are having fun with you Shamus.

I am glad you found this site. And yes, there are probably many thousands of lost, hurting people out there who think they have sinned and are alone who would love to discover this community, who NEED to find this kind of support. Maybe we should make more effort to spread the word.

On the other hand while the atmosphere here is very good for us, there are still some topics that a true, blue JW would find offensive. Not every future XJW is ready for this.

Simon,

What would it take to get this sight to come to the top every time "Jehovah's Witnesses" or "Watchtower" is typed into a search engine. It isn't always governed by number of hits, is it? A friend pays big bucks for his site to come up on Yahoo when certain key words are searched. Do you know if this is true and what kind of money it takes?

Jst2laws

BTW Hi JOY and Billy. I'm actually home and online.

• shamus
    shamus

In the beginning....... there were some p-o ' ed people that used to be witnesses.....

Nice to see some senses of humor here - not like the WTS! About as interesting as a pile of rotten dog food.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((((((((Uncle J2L)))))))))))))))))) What are you doing home so early! Get out there and support your wife!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Shamus,

One of the first things to return once recovery is on the road is your sense of humor. You MUST have one to get through the tough stuff. Welcome!

Take a look at "Simon" and "Angharad" in the members directory above. They have great, lengthy explanations of who they are.

Andi - of the feeling ornery on Friday class.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Billy,

You sound like you are in a very good mood, you doll. Or maybe you are home early and got a start on celebrating the week-end. Joy is passing out cheese with the wine.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit