What is the history of this forum?

by shamus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The Borg commanded "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins"........................so they did.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

At the moment this site is No. 10 on Yahoo!;

http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=jehovahs+witnesses&ei=UTF-8

Not that hard to find... as for the future... well, Simon's boss here, so it is down to him. I don't think it is 'fair' that the burden is all on him and Anghrad. But I also think it becoming a pay site will shrink the membership base drastically, and moves it away from the paradigm that is currently in place, as does limiting new memberships.

Which is more important, this being a cosy tea-room for people who are out and getting on with their lives to meet and chat and argue, or a resource for those still in or recently out, who would NEVER pay for membership? I think without the latter purpose being served, this site would lose its most important purpose.

I think the only way to go in time is along the lines Simon mentioned a while back, and that is for a group to run it. That means he gets his free time back. But that still doesn't solve the cost issue - unless Simon can get together a group of 10 or 20 people who will become contributing co-moderaters, and who are willing to invest the time to run the site AND money to pay for the costs.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Hey Simon,

Where are you based.

USA, Britain, Australia.

Secret basement in Brooklyn Bethel!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit