Counting time

by Emma 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparky1
    sparky1

Jehovah's Witnesses and counting field service time: a.k.a. -"FU#KING THE DOG and selling the puppies!"

( please forgive my language, Emma.)

• Funchback
    Funchback

This thread is quite long and I have read through lots of the responses but not all. So, I hope I'm not repeating what someone else may have already posted.

Anyway, many used to count time after assemblies simply by wearing their badges to restaurants or malls.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but I have to ask. Do Elders count their time?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I never got to count the time spent away from my family at KH builds. Why? I wasn't a Pioneer. Why? I had to work full-time? Why? To pay for the house where a Pioneer lived, to pay for the Mini-Van and the gas that hauled fat-ass Pioneers around...

Yet, I never had enough "time" to be "spiritual." Not after all the lawn mowing, cleaning, Convention parking ( in suit clothes.. ), bathroom cleaning ect.

Of course, lots of Elder's sons and nephews were "spiritually mature."

DD

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Counting time is a human invention.

Does anyone think God is even on the same plane of measurement. The 'one who can read hearts' needs a tally to know what is being accomplished in his name?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I have noticed they tend to set up where there isn't much foot traffic...

...on one of my infrequent visits to Birmingham (England), they used to park their trolleys along New Street (the main pedestrianised shopping street), but the last time I went into the city, they were underneath the bypass - directly opposite a homeless man sitting about three yards away and facing them. Talk about irony. Four JW 'Christians' standing there, laughing and chatting amongst themselves, dressed to the nines, and a man, down on his luck, homeless, sitting on cardboard on the pavement.

I was running late for an appointment, otherwise I would have engaged these 'Christians' about Faith and Works...next time I need to go in, I'm going in early.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When i was "in" we were all told that sometimes it's a good idea to stand away from the carts so that people are more likely to approach and take a mag/book.

I've never done cart witnessing, never wanted to. Only those "exemplary" witnesses can do it... exemplary meaning they're just like you and i except they just didn't tell the elders if they done anything wrong.

My mum does it, both my sisters and one of my brother in law's and one of my brothers. My other brother in law is not allowed to do it because he has a beard. (seriously).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think us old school JW's are suffering from what a lot of old people do :

" Of course, in our day we had it hard........." ( with a nod to the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch by Monty Python).

yes, we were far more conscientious about "time" in those days, I remember the Pioneer sister who mentored me in my early teens insisting we took off tea/coffee breaks from our time, that hasn't happened for decades !

As long as their making of converts is ineffective I applaud their "easy" time. In fact, to be seen looking after a cart cannot be that easy, anybody who knows you will think it is triple weird.

• Calebs Airplane
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I am glad this thread was revived!

The premise the society uses for counting time is so false! They SAY it is "so we know how much activity is done, and therefore we know how much material to produce etc..."

Then if that is the REAL reason, the report slips should be ANONYMOUS! Why does the name need to be on it??

Ah ha! Because as we all know, it is REALLY about control over the people.

SINCE WHEN IS SPIRITUALITY BASED ON OUTWARD APPEARANCES?? (yes, I was shouting there)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit