Counting time

by Emma 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Emma
    Emma

I may not have put this in the correct spot, but I do think it's scandalous the way time gets counted now. I've seen a cart at the edge of our farmer's market, never anyone close enough to talk. Yesterday was a drizzly day and there were two carts set up, covered in plastic, "witnessing" on their own. The Jdubs were in the car yacking away. I almost knocked on the window to ask if they were "counting time or making time count." I am disgusted that anyone thinks this really is witnessing.

• sir82
    sir82

Everyone I've ever talked to who is engaged in "cart witnessing" absolutely positively is heads-over-heels flipping-out in love with it.

For precisely the reasons you mention:

never anyone close enough to talk.

The Jdubs were in the car yacking away.

Of course, they'd never publicly admit that.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes...it is the MOST important message! It is a joke! If it was so important they would have TV, Radio ads and billboards. It just goes to show you how REALLY important it is.

My parents would roll over in their graves if they could see their religion now.

• millie210
    millie210

Oh my gosh Emma....

that picture is truly worth a 1000 words!

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

Yeah, it's actually encouraged. All the pioneers I know don't even get out the car, rain or shine. Said they only come over to the cart when someone flags them over, which is probably never. So they love it.

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

Fun fact: if a brother with a special skill (electrictian, plumber, etc) is doing work on a KH, he gets to count that as time, including his driving time to get to that hall. Also, if his wife accompanies him, she also counts that time even if all she does is sit and read while he works.

Time counting is a complete sham.

• sir82
    sir82

Fun fact: if a brother with a special skill (electrictian, plumber, etc) is doing work on a KH, he gets to count that as time, including his driving time to get to that hall. Also, if his wife accompanies him, she also counts that time even if all she does is sit and read while he works.

True for pioneers. Regular publishers don't get that perk.

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

@sir82, true. I'm sure the goal is to make it easier for pioneers to stay pioneers and to make more pioneers.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

dont know why the cult dont just simply abolish counting time. it proves nothing.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well it always was a complete sham . I remember that only a very few people had great person to person skills and they were the ones who had plenty of Bible studios and brought their studies to the hall.

Everybody else was usually not very effective.

Somehow the society failed to read and ponder on our different skills.

Romans 12. 3-11 (shortened version)

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness."

The Society opted for cookie cutters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit