Counting time

by Emma 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well, it's not like regular field service wasn't just a big time waster either. Most of the time is spent driving around wasting gas, you would maybe talk to two or three people in a morning. It's all just busy work really. Nobody ever stops to question what the point of it all is, other than to put a number on a piece of paper.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Field service in all it's forms is only so WT can say "Our org does heaps of volunteer work, and we have the stats to prove it."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

As I said elsewhere, they'll have robotic trolleys with AI language skills and mechanical arms to hand out literature. The robot maintenance brothers will get to count their time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JW dot borg is probably counted as a community service running 24/7.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Emma, you may be

disgusted that anyone thinks this really is witnessing.

I, on the other hand, am jealous. Why did I not think of that trick when I was trying to "get my time in."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Will the robot trolleys AI introduction be "Assimilate, resistance is futile" ?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm actually all for it. JWs have plenty to deal with all the WT nonsense. It's good that they have some slack.

• skin
    skin

Some of the side points to counting time that I disagreed with were.

1: If they need to know hours, like they always go on about, why do we even need to put our name on that paper slip. Wouldn't simply a reminder announcement at the end of each month to fill in that time slip without names do? That way they don't break the judging other people bible command.

2: How many times have we been doing house over house with another couple (usually pioneers), who spend more time talking and hardly moving down the street, meanwhile here I am (was) knocking on about 4 doors to there 1. Then within the hour of starting they are off down the road to the local coffee shop.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I must admit I used to have the mind set of the least amount of people I spoke to the better.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's all about the numbers. The WTS has to have the preaching work showing an increase. The one side benefit is that in principle we should see the conversion rate ratios looking even worse over the next few years.

Ultimately however so few Witnesses really examine the figures it doesn't matter - just so long as people feel busy and working with a sense of urgency for a purpose then they are hooked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit