Some dreams are too weird

by Brummie 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Wow Ravyn, I thought I was the only one who remembered such vivid dreams.Yours are great!

Cali, pregnant women do have strange dreams. I had crazy dreams when I was pregnant. With my first pregnancy, I dreamt that I had just given birth to a baby girl. She was so tiny, but the hair she had on top of her head was my hubands hair ( brown with gray streaks ). Then everyone started asking me where my husband was. I said " Oh, he's down in the ICU, he couldn't handle the birth, and he passed out ".

During my third pregnancy, I dreamt that I pulled my baby out of my stomach, and it was a tiny baby boy. Since it wasn't quite big enough yet, I then proceeded to put the baby back into my stomach, til he was done cooking! LOL Turned out that that pregnancy I had a boy! ( all three did, actually )

Even my husband had strange dreams when I was pregnant. He once dreamt that our baby was a spider! Weird.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Ravyn - Good question re japanese women, I don't know. I just know that they say don't eat it while you are pregnant because of the slight risk of parasitic infections but I am REALLY wanting some. I told my sister that after this baby is born the best thing someone will be able to bring me in the hospital is sushi and a beer to celebrate!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

See?! I told Xena not to post that photo of the guy wielding the big sword. It affected your dreams.

I dream a lot. My dreams are in colour, oftentimes there is music and sometimes I have special effects. I've never flown, although I do sometimes fly through space (going to warp is really cool).

The most profound dream I had was years ago. I was in London, actually Whitechapel, in 1888. It was dark and foggy and I heard footsteps on the cobblestones. I knew it was Jack the Ripper. I saw him ahead of me, only a silhouhette, but there he was was and so I ran. He chased me throughout Whitechapel until he had me cornered. He took out his knife and raised it up so he could kill me. Suddenly I realized I was dreaming and I paused the dream and I told Jack the Ripper to vanish. He did. Then I looked around at London and told it to vanish. It did. Then I said, "I want to see myself as I really am." And the scene changed.

It was a bright sunny day and I looked around me and saw I was standing in Hiroshima after the Bomb. Then I heard a voice say, "This is what happened to you." And I realized this city was the real me. I walked around for a while until I saw a bombed out building. Next to it was a pile of bricks and mortar. So I took my shirt off and began building.

It was a very healing dream, and very symbolic.

• Charmed
    Charmed

I had a dream about a week ago that I went to a meeting for the first time in 2 years. I walked into my sister's KH and saw her and her husband and my other sister and they were all so happy to see me. It felt really, really good to see them again and they hugged me and everything. Then the meeting starts and the brother giving the talk was so hilarious. It was like stand-up comedy. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt! Then I looked over at my sisters and they weren't laughing. They were sh-shing me. Noone was laughing except me and I kept asking, "Isn't this the funniest talk you've ever heard. This is hilarious."

I was worried that the talk meant that subconsciously I want to go back, so I asked a friend of mine about it who's really good at getting to the meaning of dreams, and she thought that the dream meant that I miss being so close with my family, but not that I miss being a JW. She said that since I was the only one laughing at the talk, that it meant that since I now see the truth about the truth that it was funny to me, but it wasn't funny to anyone else. Makes sense, I think.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow....

woke up and the pillow was gone.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

As a child I used to have dreams that I could fly. I've always had very vivid dreams that I could always remember upon wakening. The older I get the harder that is.

• be wise
    be wise

Billygoat, I used to have those to. I used to daydream as well all the time; it was in all of my school reports - Needs to contibute more in class discussions and stop daydreaming. You can dream really cool stuff when you are a kid, my imagination has always been much more interesting to me than what's usually going on around me.

One of my WTS induced reoccurring dreams was hearing the scariest weird scream I could ever imagine, it was a . I could here it going through the house looking for me, coming up the stairs and then opening my door attacking me and suffocating me, then I would wake up scared sh#*less. Got it once in a while or should I say - it got me.

Sweet dreams.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Wow what an interesting bunch y'all are. Didnt think as many would resond.

bittersweet, remind me never to stay at that hotel...eeek, have dreamed I was in a store suffocating before and wondered if I had turned my head into the pillow or something, interesting about the jigsaw pieces, i hear a lot of exjws refer to life being like a a milllion jigsaw pieces when we first leave the WT.

Aztec what a cute lil spy you would make though wonder why you dream that, perhaps you were a troll in a former life

lol @ shakita, I havent dreamt about this board yet, perhaps I am not here long enough a day, I only manage 9 hours per night.

Lol & the salad & marshmellow jokes!!!

Sentinel, the house is really interesting, in our psychodynamic counselling sessions one of the "self discovery" experiments that tutors lead is to make an individual visualise themselves as a house, they then ask the client to identify the atmosphere in each room of the house, this reveals a lot about who the client is and what "emotion or feelings" they are dealing with in their private lives. You are right, that dream was a self discovery, you were looking for yourself but it seems you were focusing on outside sources to identify with originally (identification through a belief system etc, thats why you couldnt find what you were looking for) rather than going inward to find the real you. I'm not a "dreams" person but have always found this excersise to be fruitful.

Ravyn, those were definately interesting to read, could make a good movie, so vivid. I have the urge to go run those words through an anagram decipher.

Cali, congrats on your pregnancy, and happy sushi days to come.

bittersweet, I am laughing my socks off at those dreams!

Very interesting BT, can see how the symbolism is portrayed in that dream. I also know when I am dreaming sometimes and can alter or take control of the dream. I mentioned this to someone before and they looked at me like I had gone wacko (which I had to be honest lol).

Charmed, I have had many dreams similar about being back at meetings and everyone acting normal even though I was an apostate, i was like huh? What your freind said sounds reasonable.

Billy those are my favourite dreams to have. cool isnt it.

be wise, its not surprising we dream of demons when we are JWs, they make out the devil is omnipresent.

Thanks peeps

Brummie (gee this is a long post, sorry)

• Aztec
    Aztec

Troll? LMAO! No Brummie I think it was some kind of fantasy dream. It involved a certain male friend of mine so it was definatly a fantasy thing. :D ~Aztec

• Brummie
    Brummie
    It involved a certain male friend of mine so it was definatly a fantasy thing

Sounds even more interesting...dontcha want to go into detail? ...just kidding

Some more weird dreams that have come to mind, one is where I have fastened my top shirt button too tight and I cant breath..lol

Another is being at school, sitting behind a desk and suddenly realising I had forgotten to put any clothes on, and I'm like..OH SH*T I'm butt naked and I'm going to be arrested (thats if the cruelty man dont catch me first).

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit