Some dreams are too weird

by Brummie 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Matt, you owe me nothing at all...my gift to you!

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

I consistantly have disturbing nightmares about the organisation. I always dream that I am back living with my parents and am at a meeting or assembly - or witnessing, and I cant get out of it - I always dream that I am back under the control of my parents, and they are screaming at me because I am telling other witnesses about the negative aspects of the org when I am there. Funnily enough, I have never had any dreams about armageddon.

The weirdest dream I have ever had was about 3 weeks ago. I dreamt that I was at a book study house meeting and was sitting there with all the old dubs I used to know listening to the drivel, when there was a knock at the door, the elder, who I knew really well, went to the door and was talking to someone, I was craning my neck trying to see who it was but I couldn't. He then closed the door and went back to the study. At this point I woke up, and I got a drink and went back to sleep. In my next dream I was walking along the street, and knocked on the door of this house that I recognised. Who was to answer, but the elder I knew!! I was trying to push the door open and was craning to talk to someone I knew, trying to yell at them!! Who do you think that person was? Me How weird is that? You cant tell me dreams dont mean anything deeper than we think.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I can't remember them now, but I sometimes have dreams that are so real, that I wake up thinking they really happened. It takes me a while to figure out it was just a dream. FREAKY!

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Bittersweat - you are a hun ! If you ever want anything let me know. Never see you on Yahoo Messenger to talk to you !

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Even my husband had strange dreams when I was pregnant. He once dreamt that our baby was a spider

That makes sense to me. When I was pregnant one of the times, I dreamed I gave birth to a chair and was crying and crying. The doctor was soothing me and said "Where do you think all the chairs come from............someone has to give birth to them."

When I was expecting our second son, I asked to be induced when he was long overdue and the doctor agreed it was okay. I dreamed that night, after he was born, that if I had waited for him to be born in his own time, it might have been a girl.

• bebu
    bebu

"Where do you think all the chairs come from............someone has to give birth to them."

ROTFL!!! Oh Mulan, that is so funny!!! I'm so thankful that I haven't been asked to 'bear my fair share of chairs'... OUCH!!!!!

bebu

Edited to add: Now I'm wondering about my 2-piece sectional sofa. Feeling veeeeerrry thankful...

• Robdar
    Robdar

Brummie

Good thread.

My weirdest dream ever happened one summer night. I was sleeping next to my husband and in my dream my heart felt as if it was so full of love and so light that it started floating upwards causing me to levitate. In the dream, I was hovering about 8 inches above my bed. When I thought that I had awakened, I found myself levitating. It seemed so real! In retrospect, I realize that it was a hypnogogic hallucination. I love those.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit