Hello to everybody!

by John Free 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    I wanted to say hello and thank you to all of you for the courage you have inspired within me (through your posts) to dramatically change my life for the better, and give my daughter a cult free future!

Welcome to the site !

Having kids was the thing that really finally convinced me to act on the doubts and questions I'd had for a while. Did I really want to give them the upbringing that I had?

Nothing focuses you mind like family and their future.

It's great that you could exit as a unit. Enjoy the years to come seeing your kids take part in all the fun stuff that normal kids get to do that JW kids are denied.

Trick or treating is next ... our street is normally full of kids. The little 'uns are so cute,

• John Free
    John Free

What was the one thing that shook you to wake up?

Since I was 10 I had doubts but because of the process\cycle I mentioned, they were suppressed. I guess I thougt the problem was with me so I would study hard and unknowingly indoctrinate myself in to cult mode. A few years ago however while having a peep at the religion section on yahoo answers I came across a comment that Wbts uses mind control. At first I laughed and was annoyed but the idea stuck with me and as time past it became clear that the publications do indeed use psychological manipulation, emotional blackmail and fear to lead people along. So in answer to the question the 'one thing' was becoming aware of the process I was going through. No longer would I so easily allow my critical thinking ability to become disabled. I explored my doubts and was actually amazed at how many there were! Some that questioned the wbts claim to be God directed 1975, the generation, the death of billions at Armageddon. Some that went to the heart of Christianity such as why would the greatest intellectual mind require something so primitive as an innocent person to die so that he can then find it in himself to forgive others.

So it was becoming clear to me that I didn't believe in this organisation anymore and it was simply a matter of finding the courage to walk away.

• John Free
    John Free

Stuckinarut2 no worries :-)

Thanks for your kind words!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome John Free

You are one of the lucky ones to exit the cult with your wife in the same time frame , as I was , and also my two adult boys. Not everyone is that fortunate.

We look forward to hearing how your wife joined you in this exit if you are able to divulge it.

Another child saved from this cult is a bonus.

smiddy

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    So glad you made the escape together :) Welcome to the forum!
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

John,

Welcome! I'm new here too! Unfortunately my family is still "asleep" including my husband. But hopefully I can wake him up in time. How great that you could get out with your whole family!

For me the last straw was the child abuse in Australia. Just shows how far they will go to maintain appearances for new recruits at the expense of innocent children.

Heartsafire

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    I can count THREE new members this week alone!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Wow - welcome John.

Can you share your 'exit' strategy with us, and maybe help others here?

Look forward to hearing more.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome JF,

I look forward to your input.

naazira - I've been out 5 years.

• jhine
    jhine

Hello John . Welcome to the forum .

Jan

Share this

Google+