Irreverent in the Hospital

by blondie 51 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

joy, he has idiocardiomyopathy, but they are guessing a viral infection since they have eliminated other possible causes. He admitted that he was winded after the kayaking and attributed it to being out of shape. It was possible he was already feeling the effects of the arrythmia. We will make do with what he still has. There is still a possibility of some improvement in the function. No use crying over what can't be fixed. (Though I have cried a little.)

Blondie

• fairy
    fairy

I have sinus tachycardia: with me it is brought on by things to do with anxiety...i dont get it all the time or anything like that but if the anxiety (anxiety attacks) or a VERY SUDDEN shock happens and its bad then i will get an "attack"....doesnt usually last very long.......the doctor checked me out and said there was nothing wrong with my heart..he put me on a ECG machine etc.....and i asked him about that several times and he said it wont kill me! I suffered a little from depression anyway and he put me on 20mg cipramil and that has helped and i havent had an attack for several months plus i try not to get over anxious over anything..........i copied the item below from a online medical dictionary.

sinus tachycardia

A fast heartbeat (tachycardia) occurring because of rapid firing by the sa node, the natural pacemaker of the heart. Electrical signals initiated in the sa node are transmitted to the atria and the ventricles to stimulate heart muscle contractions heartbeats. Sinus tachycardia is usually a rapid contraction of a normal heart in response to a condition, drug, or disease as, for examples, pain, fever, excessive thyroid hormone, exertion, excitement, low blood oxygen level (hypoxia), or stimulant drugs such as caffeine, cocaine, and amphetamines. However, in some cases, it can be a sign of heart failure, heart valve disease, or other illness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit