New Disfellowshipping Procedure

by Anna Marina 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Disfellowship but never, ever announce it.

This new procedure is to be confirmed - anyone else come across it?

For this record these are Jesus' actual instructions in relation to this matter:-

(Matthew 18:15-17) 15 “Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. 17 If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector.

Note Jesus is talking about sin not standing firm in your Christian integrity which is the reason people are getting thrown out for.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No, not heard anything about it.

I can understand the attraction for Watchtower of being able to disfellowship people without any official responsibility from the platform for the shunning that results. But I think it would be pretty difficult in practice to operate a disfellowshipping procedure with no announcement. Couldn’t the person plead pure ignorance about their supposed status? Move congregation—what does it say on their record? It sounds like a recipe for pure chaos ... so perhaps they will try it. It’s already like the Mad Hatters tea party, so why not?

Maybe with COVID at the moment there are so few DFings taking place that the practice will just sort of fizzle out—would be the best outcome for all concerned.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Note Jesus is talking about sin not standing firm in your Christian

integrity which is the reason people are getting thrown out for.

And isn't it ironic the WTS/JWS and its leaders have created the biggest sin by selling an apostate tainted version of Jesus's Gospel in the act of false prophesying ?

To be noted there is very little Christian integrity in the JW religion.

• Ding
    Ding

How would active JWs know to shun them if no announcement is made?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They do manage the “marking” system on the basis of whispers and innuendo. I guess they could try the same with disfellowshipping, but it would be utter chaos. In a way I’d like to see them try, just to watch the madness.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector.

I guess that would mean you can interact with these ones but not necessarily be actively close in relationship.

Keep the evil doers at arms length in other words.

Jesus always had a good head on his shoulders.

........makes sense

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Wouldn't that screw up the shunning process?

If you get DF'd and not know it, that could cause major mental issues.

You may think you are DF'd, then start to talk to yourself, shun yourself, and then get up and leave the room.

• sir82
    sir82

That would be just plain weird.

As in the case with certain political actions, the cruelty is the point.

If it's not announced, it's not as cruel.

I've not heard anything about this, sounds like another wild unsubstantiated rumor that sprang from the head of someone with too much time on their hands.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    another wild unsubstantiated rumor that sprang from the head of someone with too much time on their hands.

Sounds like a disclaimer that could plausibly accompany a large number of JWD threads over the years, mine own not excluded.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Yes I just heard of this new procedure, a bit shocking to say the least

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit