New Disfellowshipping Procedure

by Anna Marina 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• careful
    careful

Isn't this already the procedure in places where the org is deeply underground, like China? Maybe the GB is taking its "success" there as Jehovah's blessing and his telling them to extend it to non-underground countries. The Swiss, Aussie, and Dutch legal responses to the org's in-house policies may also be at work here—if the whole idea is not just rumor and has some truth behind it.

• asp59
    asp59

Dont understand whats shocking abouth this if its true. Congregation arregmenten been more or less dissolved with org going online. You are not gonna meet other JWs in KHs or preaching outside. If there are not gonna be any real congregations anymore why disfellowshipp people anyways.

• LV101
    LV101

Anna Marina - I love your accent. I will listen to the other videos and try to link onto your website.

You're still a Jehovah's Witness but not affiliated with Watchtower? You should make videos of your present faith and knowledge. So WT JWs are not Christians? I was listening to someone's link here a few wks ago - he's a New Testament scholar - Dr. Gary Habermas, but they also linked Dr. Michael Heiser - another XJW who use to post here was really into his teaching.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi LV101

I understood the importance of the name Jehovah, however you pronounce it. He is the God of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The term Jehovah's Witness was lifted from the book of Isaiah by WT and used as a kind of shield. If you set yourself against the house of Jacob, potentially you can be categorised as anti-semitic.

Also the prophecies to do with the promised seed, the Messiah, Jesus Christ come from those who really were the true prophets of YHWH/Yahweh/Jehovah/God the Father/the God of Israel. So if I allowed them to disfellowship me, they could say I was opposed to people like the prophets Daniel, Ezekiel and Jeremiah. They were the very ones whose words I was sticking to! Given I knew their words so well, I knew that by their authority I could call out the GB as apostates and kick out the 1914 doctrine/seat of power. But how to do it?

The key was to get round the Service Desk by making a password protected website with all the info the GB needed from me to see that I had a case which I was talking to them about individually - if they would engage with me. I gave them 3 months then I removed the password to make the website accessible to the congregation members. At the same time that I removed the password, I did that YouTube video. The YouTube was for congregation members pointing them to the Olam30.com website. I also sent out letters to about 50 congregation members telling them what I had done and why. Happily a number have not turned against me but they are in a difficult position. Also, the elders are in a difficult position and might have resorted to hidden disfellowshippings. They disfellowship but they don't announce it.

Returning to the GB, I took it that their lack of response to me was their disassociation from Jehovah. And I informed them that this was how I would view their failure to engage. Also the prophets themselves do actually act as 2, even 3 other witnesses against the GB. Further, the words of Daniel, Ezekiel and Jeremiah have always been infront of them.

Yes that leaves me as the Jehovah's Witness, or more accurately, the Christian because I was told the term 'Jehovah's Witness' was just another term for Christian - which was how I had interpreted it (regardless how others interpret it or what others have been told).

By sticking to the words of Daniel I did not do anything unchristian, nor did I do anything anti-semitic.

I am in the process of making another video because I have been asked to clarify the 7 scriptures that render the GB apostate. The video is taking a lot longer than I imagined but I'm getting there.

As regards what I believe, I try to keep it simple - basic Christianity and if there are differences in how we interpret grey areas, my view is don't force people to come to your view. So long as they are safe, let 'em be. They'll enjoy reading the Bible and mulling it over as they want. Provide assistance/signposting if asked. If they have ideas that could take them into dangerous waters, try to speak tactfully to help if possible.

What I don't like is when people drop things into conversations to sting the conversation and clap down freedom of Christian speech. Clamping down freedom of Christian speech is exactly what the lying Watchtower did.

My accent is Devonian. Devon, UK. So is Christine.

• LV101
    LV101

Anna Marina - you're way over my head with the Bible and really lost me about the books of Ezekiel, Daniel and Jeremiah always being in front of the GB but I'll watch your other videos when I have time and maybe figure it out. I do recall the scripture you quoted 'you are my witnesses' on your video and hearing it at the meetings. You've certainly made a concerted effort to prove your point with the WT - oh my!

I was relieved a decade ago when others here on the board agreed JWs are Christians - I never thought they weren't until I left and the more I realized the more concerned I was for honest-hearted family and couple of devoted friends who are in 100%.

Appreciate all the information - I started listening to your other video with your friend but I was too tired and had a hard time understanding your beautiful accent! I"ll try again.

• LV101
    LV101

Hi Anna Marina - I think I figured it out about the prophets always in front of them - definitely more authority/prominence - clearly not apostates like the GB. I'd certainly hope they're in front of them.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi LV101 - here's some screen shots of what's coming. Also Dan 1:1 says in the the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership. The little luvvies make that 3rd year 8 years long and call it his 11th year of rulership. Their maths on which 1914 sits is twaddle. You only need 7 scriptures to prove it is twaddle. The 7 scriptures are 5 from Jeremiah and 2 from Ezekiel. The hammer blow which takes them down is Eze 40:1.

If you know the Bible well enough you'll see that Eze 40:1 is talking about the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar and 14 years after it. So the hammer blow to WT's 1914 doctrine are the numbers 19 and 14. Almighty God - He's so clever. They never stood a chance.

• Anna Marina
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Still no conclusion on the new disfellowshipping procedure - it may be a very heavy marking. To treat a marked person as if they are disfellowshipped. So what's that exactly if not disfellowshipped?

• LV101
    LV101

"The little luvvies" - hahahaha - you're nice! I don't know my Bible "well enough," but when I use to look up every scripture in WT study and jotted down when I attended for brief time. My attendance wasn't great after so many issues with the cons inside and keeping up with life. I don't trust anything they say - if they're 'God fearing people' I want nothing to do with them except a couple of striving ones.

How did you learn the Bible so well - WT or on your own research/study. I love it when XJWs here have Bible discussions - especially the knowledgeable ones like you, Cofty, Slim Boy Fat - there are several.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit