New Disfellowshipping Procedure

by Anna Marina 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I did the leg work of studying the Bible carefully before I was contacted. I knew the Bible pretty well. When I studied with them, unknown to me, I was affecting the sister who was studying with me. She was actually learning some things from me. I wasn't trying to teach her I was just asking the right kind of questions.

But I did learn from them. One thing I couldn't figure out was why things were so different after Jesus died. The Catholics had some answers but their answers were not as clear as the Watchtower's. Some of the information the Watchtower puts out is accurate and I found it helpful. Also some brothers and sisters were very knowledgeable.

But Watchtower info stays at a certain level. Like so many I was gradually nodding off in the meetings because they were boring. But I found it easy to do stand-in talks. I wanted to be helpful so I did most of the stand-in talks. It'd get me through the Thursday meeting without becoming unconscious.

In 2005 I did a stand-in talk that was about a teaching I had never heard of. Because I had learnt what was in the Bible long before being contacted, I knew the teaching was blasphemous.

Thereafter I wrote to the GB and had to lay out my case. I learnt a bit of Hebrew and Greek and my insight into the Bible grew. Through all the issues I have had to face with these spin doctors, I have learnt how their spin works. Its been a real education!

I tend not to get involved in discussions. Ok a little bit sometimes, I might point to relevant scriptures. But like snowball fights discussions can start off as fun and then people get hurt. If I can put something out there that is helpful, great. But I think the best thing is to encourage people to have confidence in their own intellectual powers and read the Bible for themselves, if they want to.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

There are many elements of Fear the WTS/JWorg implements in its operations to control people thoughts, behavior and mind.

Such as Armageddon soon or we will make anyone who leave the Org. regret it to such a extent they would wish they never had joined.

We will DF people in the congregations so that no one will talk to them, even their family members wont with high restrictions.

These are effective ways to instill Fear into people's minds and the WTS uses that Fear to sustain their membership and following.

To see them change that or let DFing go completely is highly unlikely.

• LV101
    LV101

Thx, Anna Marina. Appreciate your info short of going back reading your posts & digging. You are quite the student of the Bible and I'll stay tuned to your posts. Sad so many JWs get caught up in the misery of the WT and I certainly don't have time - I didn't even finish my sentence/last post/sorry.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They could handle it in the same way they handle marking talks, informing the congregation without mentioning any names. Gossip will do the rest.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Disfellowshipping will never go away in the JW cult because its a holding perception of power that men are attracted to, as in having the power of god's holy spirit.

Come to think of it that the reason the men of the WTS started and self propagated themselves as the FDSL/Anointed , it was really about the power.

The false doctrines they created (1914) facilitated that endeavor, that was their will and purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit