Just got back from Field Service

by biblexaminer 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Blondie, respectfully, you are comparing some very very different things. This so called father left his son swinging at a door. Its embarassing and it no doubt made his son feel bad on a lot of levels, dad didnt back him up when he should have, dad made him feel stupid for not being able to handle something that he shouldnt been able to handle anyway etc etc...

That is so far removed from sexual abuse i cant believe you even loosely made the comparison. Its also a HUGE devide between physical abuse and what happened in BE's story. HUGE. Im not saying it was right but it wasnt anywhere near either of those situations you described.

Im sure most will give you latitude to speak on those abuses as a survivior and i would never diminish what you had to overcome and deal with... but To essentially say BE did the same as those who ignored your sexual and physical abuse is dead wrong. He dosent need barbara anderson to tell him how to deal with this. Or silent lambs. Or the police. Im sure i will get roasted to no end for my POV but your comparison is way off base and out of line.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Blondie... Have you ever heard the words... Wow! You really over reacted to that! That is not what I said or meant!

You are 60 years old. You were abused by your father a life time ago. You were betrayed by your mother.... You lived with a predator. That is extremely stressful. It sounds like you are still suffering from extreme PTSD. I am sorry. I suffer that way too. Many people do.

But, this was not about you! Or what you did or what you felt BE should have done. Because of your back ground, you blew his OP out of the water. Did you realize that? Do you realize that you still need to be in active therapy to deal with what happened to you and with your anger issues?

Do you need to be the "tall poppy" here? In my 5 years here, you find a way to bring up your sexual abuse to us. We have heard it... And you allow it to continue coloring many things you write on.

Yes, you have been on this Board for 16 years. I woke up and came on 5 years ago. You want to talk child abuse with me??? You want to talk about sex abuse with me??? Do you feel the need to subject us to what happened to you over and over again? I am on closed FB groups for that. You can private message me and I can introduce you to some if that would help you.

I took BE at face value. What he wanted to share with us. You blew him out of the water to tell us your agenda.

BE did not post to get accolades. Did you? BE did not post to get anyone's sympathy. Did you? Are you still so needy for sympathy and attention you have to tear someone else down to achieve that? That would make you seem pathetic. I would rather think of you as Blondie, the one strong minded enough to do the Watchtower review with us and add your insightful comments.

Hugs of sympathy and concern for you from your past. But, if you are still in active Therapy, you might need to see someone else.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer
    Blonde is right. I am going to go to the elders as soon as I can convene a meeting of all of them and insist parents stop taking their children in field service.
  • blondie
    blondie

BE, that's not what I said, I have no doubt that he is abusive verbally and emotionally at home with his family. And anyone that has not lived in a house with daily constant verbal abuse, emotional abuse, threats of physical abuse, not being physically abused but seeing others in your family made an example of what could happen to you, has no concept of what true abuse is. Sexual abuse is not always part of every abusive family but that does not make the foregoing types, less painful and destructive.

I have lived a long life, but if you think that because my father was no longer able to abuse us sexually meant that all the other destructive the abuse ended, you don't have a grasp on the whole view of abuse. My father was a jw at the time he abused his 3 children from his second family. My oldest brother and I no longer lived at home. My father had become a jw when he married the 2nd time. The verbal, emotional, threat of physical abuse continued with that family. We spoke up without making a scene when he would do the same things to these children in front of us (and those kids said it helped them even if we could not stop it) We went to the elders in his congregation (who also witnessed this constant abuse at the KH and in field service) and asked that they say something privately to him about his Christian obligations, but they didn't. I did not suggest that they beat him up.

These same elders were the ones that he had confessed to later about his sexual abuse of my sister (and it turned out of her 2 brothers). The other elders hid it to protect their position on the BOE. When my sister finally told us why she had been kicked out of the house at 16 (she was baptized then), and why, we confronted the 2 elders separately, my oldest brother and I, and they just pointed the finger at the other elder and said that that elder knew first and so that elder was the bad one. The other elders would not even meet with us to talk about it. My sister had no guardian to act for her to even get her into school because my father had all her legal papers. We finally got her mother, our step-mother to give them to us even under the threat by my father that he would divorce her and leave her penniless. The BOE knew all of this and would not help us.

BE is not the only one that I see back off from risking losing anything. I am a survivor, and I have only stayed on JWN because I though maybe someone would read my experiences and how I have been able to use my bad experiences to help others, so it was not for nought.

My father stalked my oldest brother and I until the day he died when I was 54. When he would be in town from far away, we would find out because he would park outside our homes. I had to call my law enforcement contacts and they shadowed him until he went home. Just the month before he died, he got some non-jw friends to call me and then put him on the phone while he spewed all this invective going back to when I was young and that I was abused (in all its forms) because I deserved it (in only 2 sentences). I hung up immediately. No sexual abuse there, but just as scary and abusive....a jw man with guns still.

My oldest brother and I only felt safe when he died when I was 54.

Every victim of abuse that has found the courage to come forward to face their abuser, I applaud them, it was not easy, there was no guarantee they would win or that would not find it painful. If you witness abuse, don't think that there is nothing you can do. You don't know if you don't try or find out from knowledgeable people what are some choices.

I see some out there think that Blondie has lost it, but I haven't, but I do need a break from JWN and some of the viewpoints here. If you would like to get copies of the comments from now on, send me a pm and a safe e-mail for you, and I will e-mail it to you.

For me, I am going to re-direct my energies to more directly deal with all types of child abuse more than just talking about here. If the only thing motivating you is to use the painful experiences of brave individuals that had even much more to lose, to bring down the WTS, think again. The world of child abuse is much bigger than the WTS and has to be battled on all fronts where it occurs.

Not feeling very loving right now, Blondie

PS I will not be responding to any more comments on this thread.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

BE is not the only one that I see back off from risking losing anything.

Blondie, please take a deep breath. I can assure you that BE is not backing off. As I mentioned BE is my husband and we have discussed how to speak with this person and his wife. However, this is how jw parents parent their children. All jw children are abused every single time they are taken out in service. True this situation described in the OP went beyond that and I don't know why this father did what he did. It was disturbing --but unfortunately, we can't go to the police. But we will do whatever is in our power to make these parents aware that certain behaviors are not acceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit