Revised NWT in French released yesterday

by careful 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• careful
    careful

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/revised-nwt-released-french/

It looks like it may only be available electronically, that is, no printed version(?).

Is the German next?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

They'll have to change their name to ITS (Internet & Tract Society).

Also of interest is that they have this available for download in jwpub file format, which is usually available only through the app.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It's about friggin' time that other language groups, besides English that is, get the "Silver Sword" in their native tongue. The wtbts is an American religion and they cater to English speaking primarily. Because that's where the friggin' MONEY is. Jehober's chariot is not as fast as it use to be!

just saying!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If this release is dignital only (can't tell from the note) that would be a huge development. I guess it would mean we can expect English Bibles to stop being distributed when the current inventory runs out. How on earth would they explain that? But if the money has run out they may have no choice at all. That said, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Maybe there are print copies in French. Surely there is a French forum where we could find out?

I know a German convention is taking place in two weeks so we will find out about any German release then.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@careful,

im very sorry but this is obviously incorrect. We have been told many times that the org is collapsing or has collapsed or will one day collapse. Clearly they cannot be still working on translations of the bible. They have no money and are destitute. Please stop spreading lies about the work moving forward.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Don’t speak too soon, we’ve not seen print copies yet.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Hey with all this massive downsizing for economic survival I would think they are planning to get out of the printed material it is such a money drain with so little in returns driving them into the red from somewhere back in the 80's when they became free to offer the public with the congregation donations picking up the tab.

My thought is that these guys running this business are so delusional they take a hell of a long time making proper business decisions until it is too late. IOW they should have ditched the printing business long ago. Now they are in a serious bind due to wishful thinking.

• oppostate
    oppostate

And the Spanish one is still not out!

• careful
    careful

Yeah, the lack of the Spanish rev NWT is really strange. What's up with that? Aren't there plenty of Spanish translators? Maybe Morhp is "right"!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

In Holland only active publishers got a hardcopy of the silver sword.

We didn't. No problem.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit