Now Canada's Turn

by newsheep 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hoser
    hoser

It wouldn’t surprise me if the branch reviewed the contributions from each Kingdom Hall as well as the demographics of the congregation to see if the congregation is viable in the long term.

It seems that there is a renovation that takes place shortly before the property is put up for sale and before the publishers are aware that their congregation will be dissolved. This makes the property easier to sell and it gets the publishers to donate money that they wouldn’t under normal circumstances.

• blondie
    blondie

Individual Catholic churches have filed for bankruptcy when courts have assessed damages to be paid to abuse victims. The Catholic church in Rome itself does not seem to pay. It is really a legal move to avoid paying. I have no problem believing the WTS will use similar tactics. Non-denominational churches also file for bankruptcy.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/bankruptcy.htm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catholic-dioceses-bankruptcy-filing-sparks-criticism-about-asset-shifting/

Protestant churches

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2007/06/18/80877.htm

• LV101
    LV101

"Sell 'em all, I say" -- beautiful!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DATA DOG:

I believe that what you said in your post is pretty much what is going to happen in the Witness religion. But, if it does keep happening, people are going to have drive way over forty minutes! Maybe over an hour.

In a way, the faithful JWs are being abandoned and will have to chase after the religion! Since the hall is “the” place, they will have to make a mad scramble to get there - wherever it is..The “needy” looking for handout$ will have to get there no matter what. The handwriting on the wall does not look good if this keeps up the way it has been.

If all this happens and the JW religion shrinks and kingdom halls become scarce, I certainly won’t miss it. It is sad though for all the diehard JWs who knocked themselves out, gave up so much and are left in a needy state! If any of these people have an ounce of sense, they better make preparation the way a bethelite should be preparing for his dismissal! They better get jobs!

• LV101
    LV101

As 'splained to me when studying the die-hards (big cliques of the cong/influential/important, powerful, cult, people -- the ones a devoted JW would try to stay associated with and not rock their boat), have received their gifts in full. I realize many are older now and I do have empathy for them -- that is, any upright, honest-hearted, ones, striving to be decent human beings -- (few and far between!) but at least they'll have a good excuse now and still have their family/friends to gossip and meet up/vacay with, etc., (very important for their well being), unlike those who've walked away, faded, woke up or been kicked out losing everything.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I have heard today that the 11 congregations in London Ontario will be consolidated into 7 and the kingdom halls sold.
  • newsheep
    newsheep

Do you know what site might have all the hall closures listed? Many many people are upset and now we are getting calls after seven years of no contact. We are filling them in and bringing them here to this site as well as jw survey and jw facts

• LV101
    LV101

Awesome -- newsheep! Someone here will have an answer for you re/list for all the hall & Bethel closures around the world but it could be tad slow since it's the weekend.

jwfacts.com - Blondie has the exact site name in case you need to PM her but I think that's the website for facts/history about the religion as well as this excellent site.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Do you know what site might have all the hall closures listed?

newsheep-- give me a few days and I'll try to find out the hall closures in London ON

• newsheep
    newsheep
    Thank you so much! I wonder if the assembly hall in London was one of them. Back in around 2010 they had done a reno with the ugliest green carpet and blue chairs. It was horrible but then later on they did another fix up and for some reason I'm remembering orange. Could be wrong but definitely remember the horrible green.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit