What really should be the role of Women in the congregations?

by Old Navy 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

my wife studied accountancy but no way was she allowed to do the congs books...

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Long Haired Gal:

I don't want ANY role in any congregation or any religion, thank you very much!

Glad this nonsense is behind me.

Isn't freedom wonderful? I understand. So do the Watchers. You've gained freedom from The Cult and that is amazing!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OLD NAVY:

Thanks!

😄👍🏻

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That says a lot Zeb doesn`t it ,what about all the faithful women who had positions of '"worth and authority" in the the Bible the JW`s are supposed to base their religion on ?

• jesscd
    jesscd

I had been disfellowshipped for a few years and still wavered between it being the truth or not and whether I should go back - but when I became pregnant and started contemplating how I wanted to raise a daughter or a son with a view towards women that cemented my decision and my true recovery. You can go rounds and rounds over how the scriptures treat women but when it comes down to the wire they will always be second class citizens. That isn't how I wanted my daughter or son to be raised thinking.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Scholars don't believe Paul wrote Timothy.

SO...

If it's ok for Watchtower to take John 8.1 out of the Bible because scholars are not convinced it was originally there, why leave Timothy, or form their doctrine from it? Why not formulate their doctrine from descriptions of Deborah, Pheobe, Priscilla, Junia??0

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Apostle Paul could suffer a heart attack if he goes this days to any KH and see women's clothes....time makes things change. The WT could get a treasure of very good MS in women but I doubt they do it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In any religion that doesn't treat women as equals, as we have finally been enlightened about sometime in the 20th century, the only place we should find women is outside the doors on the way out.

• deegee
    deegee

This series of articles discusses the arguments for and against women as religious leaders:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/femclrgy.htm

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Deegee,

That is a very comprehensive page. Very interesting.

Another -ism that might be added to the list:

militarism: unequal treatment because of rank or status

There are no doubt others which might be included.

Discrimination is not necessarily a bad thing is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit