If turned off by the GB's latest bloopers- do you still have faith in God and Christ?

by the-Question 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the-Question
    the-Question

"Why are you talking to so called apostates like us?"

I talk to anyone who WANTS to.

Being apostate to the WTBS isn't the same as being an apostate to God.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

the New World Translation, which USED to be the most accurate translation there is

..really? I beg to differ.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Back to the OP. I still believe in God and now I actually believe in churches too. I wasn't following man on purpose, it was just the way the JW religion is structured.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The GB are flawed men.
    The Bible was written by flawed men.
    All the gods were created by flawed men.
    Churches/Religions were all created by flawed men.

The God of the Bible can be anything readers want him to be- a god of love, war, justice, injustice, peace, slavery, macho standards, yadda yadda yadda.

• steve2
    steve2

Those who make sweeping claims are required to name their sources and provide their reasons. Unlike the prophets of old, you need to do more than make pronouncements (although if you turn up with a vehicle of fire like Ezekiel's I'll probably be all ears and eyes).

So, with that in mind:

1. Please provide exact reference for your claim that Chuck Russell coined the word "churchianity".

2. Please provide your arguments for favouring the Bible over other equally revered sacred texts, including the Koran. In your answer, you will have to show exactly how the Bible compares to specified other texts.

Thank you.

• sparky1
    sparky1

CHURCHIANITY - First known use 1837 Merriam Webster online dictionary

This word could not have been coined by 'Pastor' Russell since he was not even born until 1852.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/churchianity

• the-Question
    the-Question

" From the standpoint of orthodox Churchianity and its teaching of eternal torture for all except those who become Christian, our Lord’s words in this lesson seem very un-reasonable, very unsatisfactory, very heart-rending."- CT Russell, Finished Mystery- http://www.ctrussell.us/manna/R3317.htm

• the-Question
    the-Question

Sparky- very GOOD! I never saw that reference!

However, CT Russel used the word more accurately- as to 'mainstream' churches!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

SOME go back to CHURCHianity!

And that, to ME, indicates they never HAD real faith in God- but it was in MEN....

the-Question, you are not really making a lot of sense. Seems like you are agitated or something. You have made a few posts, all of them with fragmented sentences expressing fragmented ideas.

May I suggest you to try to post one thing properly articulated? Two or three sentences that sound like yelling don't really articulate whatever you want to communicate.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

the-Question,

...the New World Translation, which USED to be the most accurate translation there is!

A question: Why do you believe that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit