If turned off by the GB's latest bloopers- do you still have faith in God and Christ?

by the-Question 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes.

Even if the earthly organization is disbanded tomorrow, my faith would remain; because my faith is in Jehovah and Jesus, not in the earthly organization.

The earthly organization is just the means to an end.

• schnell
    schnell
    There sure are a lot of these threads lately.
  • steve2
    steve2

the-Question is a slippery poster but he can prove me wrong from herein:

He declared Chuck Russell "coined" the word "churchianity". I asked for the exact reference; he provided a reference of Chuck using the word - but no coining it.

We then get a more specific reference to when churchianity was coined (According to Merriam Webster in 1837 - before Chuck was born). And what does the-Question say in response to this? He makes another declaration that Russell used the word "accurately". As I say slippery!

• Island Man
    Island Man

Actually, it is the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses that culticly equates faith in men - faith themselves - with faith in God and Christ. They tell JWs to "trust the faithful and discreet slave completely because Christ trusts them completely", or words to that effect, which is actually a load of nonsense when you consider the fact that christ also warns of the possibility of the slave turning out to be an evil slave.

Anyone who leaves the JW organization gets accused of leaving Jehovah - even though the person remains a bible-believing christian, living a decent life. Faith in the JW organization and it's leadership is regularly and implicitly equated with worship of and faith in, God. Thus the JW religion is built on faith in men, falsely packaged and labeled as faith in God.

So I find it rather ridiculous that this OP accuses those leaving the organization of having faith in men when the fact of the matter is that the JW religion makes it a practice to indoctrinate its members to have faith in men - their clergy class which they call 'the faithful and discreet slave'.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

If Chuck Russell used the term "Churchianity," perhaps Mr. Question can supply a reference or two.

Though I left the JWs in 1984 ago, I was an active JW for over 30 years.before my exit and don't recall "Churchianity" ever being used by the Watchtower. If they did, please supply a reference.

However, there is a cult that frequently uses "Churchianity" in their publications, the Assemblies of Yahweh. Like the JWs, the Yahweh people have their own version of the Bible and have inserted the Divine Name into the New Testament in more verses than the JWs.

Perhaps "the-Question" is covering his/her rear and is dabbling in both cults.

• schnell
    schnell

However, there is a cult that frequently uses "Churchianity" in their publications, the Assemblies of Yahweh. Like the JWs, the Yahweh people have their own version of the Bible and have inserted the Divine Name into the New Testament in more verses than the JWs.

Perhaps "the-Question" is covering his/her rear and is dabbling in both cults.

Oh wow, lol. I learned something new today.

• the-Question
    the-Question
    Village Idiot: "the-Question,...the New World Translation, which USED to be the most accurate translation there is!" Why do you believe that?

It's been watered-down and made simple- and I noticed a few verses where it seems they added a touch of their opinion.

• the-Question
    the-Question

schnell, You've got problems.

• the-Question
    the-Question

Watcher- congrats, and Agape!

• the-Question
    the-Question

steve2, I admitted I was mistaken; I didn't know the word was used before Russell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit