If turned off by the GB's latest bloopers- do you still have faith in God and Christ?

by the-Question 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnell
    schnell

the-Question, thanks, right back at ya.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    the-Question - "If turned off by the GB's latest bloopers - do you still have faith in God and Christ?"

I've said this before, but I think for most of us, the Org did far too effective a job inoculating us against any other form of religious expression for that.

It always surprises me when XJWs seem to just trade the WT for something else like Evangelicalism.

• the-Question
    the-Question

I don't go to the weekday meeting anymore- it's been ruined, but my wife tells me they now allow Beards!

The GB has been so GOOFY with many of its rules....

• Giordano
    Giordano
    but my wife tells me they now allow Beards!

Okay I get it..........we've just been given a 5 page wedgie by the-Question

• the-Question
    the-Question

Wedgie?

Is THAT what you call "thinking"?

• stillin
    stillin

Somebody thinks that they are a hero of some sort, slaying false teachings with the jawbone of an ass.

And yet, nothing has been resolved, clarified or in any way settled.

• steve2
    steve2

I don't go to the weekday meeting anymore- it's been ruined, but my wife tells me they now allow Beards!

I would have thought the only difference between the "weekday" (weeknight?) meeting and the weekend meeting would be intensity level of boredom. What's with the weekend meeting that you still go?

Also, I'm not so sure JW organization 'allows' beards - but if they do, Chuck will surely be happy, but Rutherford won't.

There have been at least two recent very informative threads in this forum on the issue of beards in the organization.

• the-Question
    the-Question

Well, I'm new here and never read 'em. But, alas, it WAS a goofy rule.

• compound complex
    compound complex

OUTLAW:

CHURCHianity!

Churchianity?........MadJW with a new account?

The anointed I knew used the term "Churchianity."

• the-Question
    the-Question

MadJW was anointed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit