Watchtower and Awake in the cafeteria of my work place

by StephaneLaliberte 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Someone at my workplace, I don't know who, is a JW and has been leaving magazines in the cafeteria.

Any suggestion as to what I could do?

I thought of writing up a note stating: "To whoever is bringing these magazine: JW have broken up my family, please don't bring religion to work." Or perhaps aletter in an envelop?

I'm a fadder, so I can't exactly reveal my identity either.

• Onager
    Onager

Anything stopping you binning them?

• Simon
    Simon

Tear them up and throw them away.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I thought of writing up a note stating: "To whoever is bringing these magazine: JW have broken up my family, please don't bring religion to work."

That.

Anything stopping you binning them?

Or that.

Or how about a printout from JW Facts? There's a PDF meant for people who are studying that's very useful.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Get some stickers that simply say "Get the real truth at jwfacts.com." Place them on all the literature. Place them on the surface where the literature is normally left.

• Downtowner
    Downtowner

Yes leave your own anti-JW material or better take the print out and place it inside the magazine.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Well, the jwfacts.com would probably have been the most expedient, and perhaps even effective way to handle this... Still, I ended up writing a letter! I guess I took it personal...

To whom it may concern,

I have noticed the watchtower and awake article you left in the cafeteria and would like to take the time to share some thoughts with you.

Over the years, while interacting with various Jehovah’s Witnesses, I have become increasingly concerned by my findings to such an extent that I am now troubled by the mere sight of JW publications here, at my workplace.

I understand that your desire is simply to help others by sharing your beliefs. After all, who would, in their right mind, say no to eternal life on a paradise earth? However, this promise falls apart when JW teach that all of their beliefs and practices must be accepted as a whole in order to reach salvation.

The organization and its teachings being imperfect is, from time to time, subject to adjustments and “new light”. This creates a serious problem for one of its core practices: Shunning members who disassociate or are expelled.

In short, once you get baptized, regardless if you are 8 or 80 years old, you can never change your mind in regards to Jehovah’s Witnesses being the only true religion. If you do, you will lose contact with your friends and family. This practice is extremely hurtful, especially to young ones who may very well lose their entire social circle, family and friends. Most will experience a period of clinical depression from which, some unfortunately never come back.
    Try this: List the people you and your friends know to be disfellowshiped. You will likely be surprised by the count. Statistics show that for every 7 JWs, there is one disfellowshiped person.
    At times, the Governing Body is compared to Moses, enforcing the same authority, and yet, it does not perform miracles and, by its own admission, is not inspired. How than, can they claim the same authority as Moses, the Apostles and even Jesus? To sanction such a severe punishment against people lacking “loyalty” requires more authority than uttering “though not inspired, we have good intentions”.

The frequent reminder to “loyalty” results in many JWs pushing aside their doubts “waiting on Jehovah”. As questions are purposefully left unanswered and ignored, individuals lose their ability to exercise their own Christian conscience.

For instance, I once have seen a 16 year old girl share her experience in a Regional Convention in Sherbrook. She talked about how she found it hard to shun her father who did not remain loyal to Jehovah’s Organization. While close to 3 000 in attendance applauded, I was shocked! A father does not have the ability to teach his children if his personal beliefs are not in line with the Governing body*. After all, like that girl up on the stage, these kids could grow up to be very faithful JWs who would see it as a duty to denounce their father as an apostate possibly resulting in his disfellowshipping.

All the love, time and devotion given to his children would not count a bit as he would have been found to be rebellious. Then, his children could also have the privilege to be applauded on stage by thousands of strangers who, for the most part, don’t know the kid at all!

Can you truly reconcile this to the sort of love Christ was preaching about? Try to list all the small doubts you have gathered through the years and write them down on a list. Would you feel comfortable to share that list with your local elders? Are you impeding on your Christian conscience for fear of reprisal by your own religion?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Print out the photos below (or similar ones) and leave them lying around. Be sure to circle the date these were printed.

Image result for 1914 Bethel generation

Image result for 1914 Bethel generationRelated image

Image result for 1914 Bethel generation
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Write CULT across the front page....

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Tear the magazines up and you will be draining the watchtower of money if they replace them

i was in my local hospital last week and had a look in the waiting area and found 25 jw magazines and single page tracts and have trashed them all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit