Watchtower and Awake in the cafeteria of my work place

by StephaneLaliberte 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

I knew of an XJW who kept finding mags at the laundromat.

He'd take them home and throw them away.

Whoever was leaving them was so encouraged that they were being picked up that he kept leaving more and more of them, all of which ended up in the same trash bin.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

if more people did that the watchtower would run out of magazines.In my city on the two carts as well as the new bimonthly magazine they were both trying to give away a magazine printed in 2010

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

An older sister used to leave magazines in the washroom of a local shopping mall. Caretakers of the mall contacted the congregation and asked to stop the sister from leaving magazines because people blocked the toilets trying to flush them down.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Now that the focus is on starting conversations, will they still be leaving magazines indiscriminately?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

All of the magazines i trashed were old ones printed in 2015 2014 etc

• steve2
    steve2

Oh Stephane - your impulse to write a letter is great but yours is way too long to have impact. Remember, JWs aren’t great readers and it is lazily easy for them to skip the whole thing if it goes into several paragraphs.

Short and sweet - or tart - is far, far better. I like the earlier suggestion to use write on the magazine covers, “ For more info, please go to JWFacts.com”.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Talk to your HR department and explain that an anonymous person is leaving religious propaganda in the workplace and that if that person knew about your being an ex-JW, they would discriminate against you.

Not sure what your locality is but, especially if that person is in a position of power, discrimination lawsuits would be a thing your employer doesn't want.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I'm a fadder, so I can't exactly reveal my identity either.

I'm a little aggressive in my approach, and I'm certainly not interested in educating nor saving anyone, and it's been decades since the last time I gave a fuck about what others think of me, so what I have done when that happens is that I leave the magazines in the exact same place... only shredded to the smallest pieces I can shred them.

• steve2
    steve2

scratchme1010, you follow the old maxim that the best way to digest JW literature is to first shred it. It is also far easier to swallow. 🤡

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I'm a fadder, so I can't exactly reveal my identity either.

You can tear them and throw them away. The JW will put new magazines again. You can throw them away again. However, with this cycle your identity won't remain secret for long.

Just to know: What would you do if you find a koran or a muslim literature there instead of the JW mags?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit