Are YOU saved?

by JW Answers 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

And the answer should be:

Saved from sins penalty now, sins power now and ultimately sins presence, i.e., justification, sanctification and finally glorification at the coming of the Lord.

• wozza
    wozza

@ vanderhoven - If some one by circumstance is born and lives in a country like China for example and accepts their traditional religious beliefs , or say someone is in Australia and is a JW but thinks they are christian ,will christ save them?

Or do you believe he will only save those ones that you believe belong to only a handful of churches that you find acceptable out of the 40,000 christian orgs now about?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Wozza,

I don't like to add to the word of God but I will share my personal views which i believe correspond to the scriptures.

It is clear from the Bible that there is no other name given unto mankind whereby we may be saved, i.e. justified.

All non-Christians will be raised from the dead in the second resurrection for judgment. Judgment with God is not just sentencing. Judgment begins with the house of God. So the church is being judged in this life; the world in the next. Non-Christians will be raised to judgment followed by punishment administered based both on what they knew and what they did in their lives.

I believe the power of the cross extends beyond the grave and that many sins even against the Son of God will be forgiven...with the exception of the sin against the Holy Spirit for which there is no forgiveness either in this age or the age to come.

This is where I see the millennial reign of Christ fits in. All faithful Christians will be granted to rule with Christ over the nations with a disciplinary rod of iron. When the thousand years is ended a final judgment will be rendered, the wicked destroyed eternally and the new heaven and new earth established, where death and suffering are a thing of the past.

Hope this helps.

Edit: that Christians are being judged and disciplined in this life is confirmed in

1 Corinthians 11:32 KJV — But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

There is no reconciling James and Paul. It is an exercise in cognitive dissonance. Paul was a self-appointed, misguided fraud.

1. To sin is to violate God's law.
    2. It is God's law and God made the law.
    3. God makes the penalties for violating the law.
    4. God carries out the execution of the penalties.
    5. Salvation is protection from the penalties.
    6. Salvation comes from God.
    7. All you have to do accept God as your savior to gain salvation.

Officer: Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

Driver: Probably because I was speeding, Officer?

Officer: Yes. The legislature and governor passed a law that prohibits operating a motor vehicle over the speed limit. The penalty is a fine not to exceed $500.00.

Driver: What a kind an loving legislature and governor. I accept them both as my savior.

Officer: Oh! You accept the legislature and governor as your savior? Well, in that case, you are free to go about your business. Paying the fine wouldn't have cover your violation of the law, anyways.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi TBK

You make salvation sound so easy.

The sanctification process is usually quite painful.

It starts with repentance.

And that repentance is ongoing death to self repentance.

The cross is an invitation to die....to yield to the indwelling Holy Spirit and let Him transform us into Christ's image marred by the fall.

As Christians we need to continually judge ourselves against the scriptures. If we fail to judge ourselves God will judge us...because we are His children.

1 Corinthians 11:31-32 kjv

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Easy believism has no place in the life of a Christian. We are constantly on death row. How else would we be crowned?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Van The sanctification process is usually quite painful.
    It starts with repentance.
    And that repentance is ongoing death to self repentance.
    The cross is an invitation to die....to yield to the indwelling Holy Spirit and let Him transform us into Christ's image marred by the fall.
    As Christians we need to continually judge ourselves against the scriptures. If we fail to judge ourselves God will judge us...because we are His children.
    1 Corinthians 11:31-32 kjv
    For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
    Easy believism has no place in the life of a Christian. We are constantly on death row. How else would we be crowned?

🤣🤣This is JW dot net!!! Every last one of us (unless we were double lifers who got out as teens) has gone through mental hell constantly judging ourselves, in an absolutely vicious manner, as the lowest form of abomination! Talk about a tax collector not lifting your eyes up - many of us didn't even feel worthy to pray. I used to dream with green eyed jealousy of the monks in the Dark Ages who could chastise themselves with a Switch daily!! I thought it must be so much easier than the guilt and mental worthlessness I felt at every thought that entered my head. Let alone each person I did not witness to, whose blood was on my hands. Even as a child I constantly chided myself and begged for forgiveness. When I was 11 I was nearly assaulted bringing food and to witness to what I thought was a "tramp" in a boarded up place. No adults around. Luckily one of his 'buddies' walked in just in time for me to make my escape. Living with my non witness father I didn't understand the witness 'no charity' thing and so strove to do real Christian works.

But no. No JW would ever think being a Christian was a cake walk. Far from it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Diogenesister,

Wow! Sounds like you were living in Romans chapter 7. Hope you are living in Romans 8 today.

There is therefore NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 As we yield to the Holy Spirit we are filled with joy and peace that passes understanding.

We know that in our flesh there lives no good thing, and that is why we need to die to the flesh and be filled with His Spirit.

We are encouraged to be filled with the Spirit, speaking to ourselves in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs making melody in our hearts unto the Lord who has forgiven us from all sin and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

We are new creations in Christ, old things have passed away and all things have become new.

We rejoice, because we are made acceptable in the beloved. No need to flail ourselves. Jesus took our flailings and by His stripes we are healed.

In Christ, that is if we belong to Christ, all of our sins, past, present and future are under the blood.

How else could we bear fruit? The joy of the Lord is our strength.

Jesus, the Truth sets us free from the law of sin and death.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Am I saved?

I don’t need saving. I’m sinless (since sin is a made up religious concept and has no basis in reality.)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Jehalapeno,

I agree that if there is no God, sin does not exist...because sin is a transgression against divine law.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I find these blog style in-your-face, not-open-to-dialogue style posts from a fellow Scot embarrassing and, despite my best efforts to just ignore them, somewhat irritating.

What sort of mindset, anyway, makes it their mission, without any apparent connection, past or present, with JWs, to go out their way to decry and refute the JW worldview in particular? They often represent groups that are most likely to hold hellfire doctrines to be true - the irrational and, some would argue, God-defaming doctrine that was the impetus for Charles Taze Russell to strike out on a different course in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit