Are YOU saved?

by JW Answers 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Sadly today, many churches and religious organisations teach their followers that they are saved based on something the Bible does not record. Many people are following a lie, and are heading to a lost eternity and do not know it.

My question here is... Are YOU saved? It's vitally important to KNOW!

Feel free to watch the short video below explaining the above.

• BettyHumpter
  • BettyHumpter
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

8.5 million JWs do not claim to be saved, but they hope that their works and loyalty to god's organization will be enough to enable them to survive Armageddon into the new system where they will faithfully work for 1000 to acquire perfection and eternal life on paradise earth.

Salvation then is defined as survival through Armageddon. He who endures faithful to the end will survive Armageddon is the promise of the Faithful Slave.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

saved from what ?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Stan,

Biblical salvation is justification. This includes forgiveness of sin and imputation of Christ's righteousness

Colossians 2:13 KJV — And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Romans 4:23Now it was not written for Abraham alone, that righteousness was imputed to him;
    24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So believers are saved from sin and eternal death.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

oh--ok. But if you dont believe in all that i guess youre a gonner.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Roman 10:9

New International Version
    If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I have heard this many times in tent meetings as a kid and in Baptist church. The tent meetings would have an alter call...many would go and be "saved". Some who had been saved went up to the alter to be an encouragement to those who wanted to be saved. We also "declare with your mouth" in testimony at the tent meetings. I was just a kid, but I well remember testifying before the crowd...You just stood up and told a blessing you had. The tent meetings were fun! We met people and there was hymm singing. Once there were two different preachers and one didn't agree with what the first one preached and brought out opposing scriptures. I remember my granddad commenting about it. I don't remember much else ( 55+ years ago ) I think one had preached "once saved, always saved" and the other preached that wasn't the case. Once saved, always saved seemed to be a pretty big teaching when I was a kid. In conclusion, based only upon Roman 10:9, I would say I have been saved since I don't really remember when. ( but there are scriptures that let us know we have to stay a Christian course)
  • BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"oh--ok. But if you dont believe in all that i guess youre a gonner."

Eskimo: "If I did not know about Jesus and sin, would I still be condemned?"

Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

What about the scripture in which Paul said he hopes to become saved (and I think that he also said it is not until the end that a person will know if one is saved or not)? That scripture and the words attributed to Jesus at Mathew 10:22 and at Matthew 24:13 convinced me (while I was a teenager) that the WT is correct in saying that the Bible says a Christian's salvation isn't assured until the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit