Interview with Dagney

by Dagney 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• humbled
    humbled

(What a post script!)

Hello, Dagney. Glad to find your story. Maybe some day l will find everyone at Tahoe.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Thanks for sharing your life story Dagney.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Dagney..

You are right about Apostafests. Never got to go to Tahoe yet. On our list, maybe next year after Hunter graduates.

We met at the Toronto Apostafest...What year? At the big microbrewerery.

Nice life summary Dagney.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Cheers Dagney! Thanks for sharing!😃

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes we did Snakes! We went for Indian food for dinner didn't we? Yeah the fest was at a brewery. I think our group was there about 14-16 hours. I think I left at 2am. I think the taxi that took me there was worried about me and waited for me because he was there when I left and we arranged for the trip to the airport the next morning. I'll never forget that guy. He was a former mercenary...lol.

Maybe 2007?? I have pictures but they are probably on a dead camera. I really need to sort that, just no time.

Oh please please come to Tahoe! You will not regret it! I'm happy for your life, I see you on FB. Boy...we made it didn't we!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Dagney... That makes sense. Yes, Indian food. I had just left the dubs and ended the relationship with the JW sister in India. Do you remember the young gal that was there, drank too much, had the truck with no brakes, she used to go by Eclipse on JWD. She was drunk, but had the presence of mind to put brake fluid in her truck. LOL.

She stayed in the room at the hotel with the gals, guys were next door. She left early to get home to her family. Always wandered what happened to her. I have a pic of the two of us. Good times. Funny, I only drank tea. No alcohol. Drove home straight through 15 hours. Ended up with kidney stones. LOL

Wasn't Uzzah and BB there too?

We want to do Tahoe, maybe next year. I have the vacation time. Life is good.

Snakes

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Lovely to hear your story Dagney.

My parents accepted a study in the D2D work

I bet that doesn't happen much these days.

I found lots of cousins after taking a DNA test on Ancestry. Most of them are yanks...which makes sense.

What would you change in your life if you could go back and talk to yourself?
    I would have gone to college.

Yes. I so get this.

Thanks for sharing.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think there was drama with some of the friends. This process of leaving can leave you exasperated and open to whatever comes your way.

Yes Uzzah and Bumblebee, Yellowfatcat (I think the name was), the Bianchis, someone that used to host a document site. I think there were about 50-60 people. It was wild!

It's NOTHING like Tahoe, lol. Tahoe is very relaxing with sharing or not sharing if you want. Just lovely, interesting people that share your journey.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I think we should collect them all one publish them as a book.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Quick question: There are some interesting stories on this Board about Melitta. Care to give us your impression of her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit