Out of the world, into the Truth

by apalro 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

The red pill tastes the same as the blue pill.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

apairo - Nice of you to share your experience. (No counting time though ;) )

I plan to be baptized the first assembly in 2018.

Okay. Before you do this, please look at this thread and get those answers for us.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5094492266823680/jw-stumper-questions-list-you-best-here

I look forward to your response.

One love.

• Sorry
    Sorry

You know, I'm glad you found a sense of community and belonging with the JWs. If you feel this is the best place for lyour mental health, I say go for it.

But I want you to think about this: is this decision ruled by carefully thought out logic or by emotion? It sounds from your post that the bad choices you've made (such as taking back your ex) was because of your feelings.

Speaking from experience, emotional decisions tend to be the worst and more easily avoidable. Even though I'm very young, I now tend to put away the rose colored glasses and make a mental note of the pros and cons.

The decision to go back not only concerns your livelihood, but that of your young child. Many of JW policies will have a heavy impact as your child grows up.

I'm glad you've found happiness after your troubles, but I urge you to research and look at unbiased sources of information before you make a final decision. Really look at all the potential positives and negatives, and see for yourself if you still want in. I wish I had someone remind me of all of this before I made many of my choices.

I genuinely hope everything works out for you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Apairo,

Welcome to the forum.

Just a word of caution. As you know, this is an apostate website (according to the WTS definition anyway). So you probably would be disciplined for being here if caught.

That out of the way...Jesus warned believers to beware of false teachers. The leadership of the WTS has taught falsehoods right from the start...and continue to do so.

Here is the truth:

Every doctrine which was and is currently unique to the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is extra-biblical (beyond what is written). 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1935, 1975, 2000 are all based on speculation. There are no dates in the Bible. All dates therefore are man-made.

Please do some independent research. JWfacts.com would be a good place to start.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The real truth concerning the JWS is that this organization that was founded and sustained by corrupt falsely devised doctrines by men who sought out their own power by utilizing their own written publications.

By the bible's own descriptions the WTS and its leaders are false prophets, teachers of their own false Gospel.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I understand where you are coming from a failed relationship! In reality, you were in an abusive relationship. Praying is a great help but it does not mean that the Jehovahs Witnesses are God's choosen religion, the truth.

I hope you study the bible like the KG and many other bibles to understand false doctrines of the Watchtower.

Some times people make poor choices and when they start making better choices their lives changes. Better choices such as do not date someone who is abusive toward you and your child, choose to not be around people who lie, drink too much, or do drugs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if appy will be back to talk to us?

I wonder if Appy is a troll, messing with us?

You just never know.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I wish you all the best and i hope you find what you're looking for.

Although...

Nobody ever made me feel small or guilty about being a 20 year old with a child out of wedlock. Not ever. They all welcomed me and my child. They were warm, loving and supportive.

you do realize that's because you're not a JW right? Have a child out of wedlock as a baptized JW and see how loving they treat you then.

But, sincerely, i hope you live a happy, fulfilling life free from guilt and worry. I doubt you'll get that in "the truthâ„¢" though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit