Before You Actually Stopped Meetings, How Many HATED Being There?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    I would imagine that if you stopped going to meetings and then started going again, it would suck.

I don't think I could even IMAGINE.

The only reason I would go would be for the thrill of getting some smut on new events, or to be able to sit there and wonder how I ever believed and lived this way.

Being in N.Y. min, must be a never ending reminder of where you have came from.

Gumby

• Soledad
    Soledad

I hated meetings before I even knew what the word hate meant

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

I DID. I was such a good little soldier. My Dad wouldn't allow me to sleep during the meetings or even get up to use the restroom. If I did, it better have been an emergency. My Dad was an elder and always told us kids we needed to be good examples to the congregation. (whatever) I learned at a very young age how to sit motionless and daydream very well with out looking like I was. I still do well in situations now like business meetings and such. I hated it when he would tell us we HAD to make at least one comment at the WT study or we would be in trouble. One time when I was a teenager I decided to be real brave and tell my Dad that I didn't want to go to any more meetings and was even thinking about taking up smoking. Oh boy! After about an hour of being lectured on how wrong my attitude was and why wasn't I zealous like my little sister, I spent the next 6 weeks writing reports from the "Youth Book" on why I should appreciate having the truth.

I love him! Actually he has escaped the borg too and we both get along just fine. I feel sorry for those who still have the stern military type parents in the organization. The last meeting I went to was about a year ago. The teenagers looked soooo SAD. Even the ones who commented looked like they were at a funeral. That was my last time. I will NEVER go back.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

How did I miss this before

I absolutely hated it with every fibre of my being

I hated it so much I would get sick most meeting nights and be in the bathroom or in bed when it was time to leave. The stress was literally making me sick.

welcome traci

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, it depends on your viewpoint. I preferred being at the meeting with my mother than home alone with my sexually and verbally abusive father.

Blondie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Does sticking your finger down your throat while some GB member gives a talk count as a "hated being there." If so, then count me in...

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Near the end I was so uncomfortable in the Kingdom Hall that I cried during meetings.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I went through stages.

Sometimes I hated being there, other times I quite liked it. Towards the end, I really began to hate it to the point where I threatened to kill a Ministerial Servant LOL

• minimus
    minimus

I would think that crying because you were at the meetings would be proof that you "HATED" it!

• DIM
    DIM

I hated it with every ounce of my body. But I learned to have fun along the way. Using the mantra "submission is the best rebellion" I played along w/ their rules, but did it just sarcastically enough to get people wondering. I'd never set foot in the Hall of Emotional Abuse again though...maybe for my sisters wedding (she's only 16) or if something happened to my mom or dad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit