Before You Actually Stopped Meetings, How Many HATED Being There?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You could always tell when the mothers were bored at the meetings. The slightest cry of a child and the mom would stay in the back for almost the entire meeting. I swear the parents would pinch their little ones, just to get out of the main hall. The elders ALWAYS look for a reason to chat with another elder or MS during the meetings. I think that the only reason that some still go to the meetings is to still enjoy a social life.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

The meetings were fine before I started having doubts. But once I came to this site and Randy's site it was over for me. The meetings were just so stupid and boring and meaningless. I even had one sister come up to me and ask "are you having problems at home or on the job because you look like you don't want to be here." Boy was she ever right.

I still go to some meetings now and its hard to sit there and listen to all that crap now that I know the real deal.

Diamond

Change comes with Knowledge

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

The meetings were fine before I started having doubts. But once I came to this site and Randy's site it was over for me. The meetings were just so stupid and boring and meaningless. I even had one sister come up to me and ask "are you having problems at home or on the job because you look like you don't want to be here." Boy was she ever right.

I still go to some meetings now and its hard to sit there and listen to all that crap now that I know the real deal.

Diamond

Change comes with Knowledge

• unique1
    unique1

Well, I still go, like once every other week, just to appease my parents or rather not to deal with my parents, but I can't ever remember enjoying them or feeling refreshed after. I liked going because I got to see and hang out with my friends, most of whom are disfellowshipped now. I always played with my nails. Then I would study what everyone was wearing and make fun of a few people in my head. My mom is one of those psychos that feel GREAT and UPBUILT after every meeting and feels the need to quiz you on everything you remember. I am 26 and she still does this, DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I only hated being there after I stopped going. Nina would ask me to go sometimes to help with the kids when they were babies. After a while I put the kibosh on that.

Last meeting I attended was the Memorial a couple of years ago. The talk was given by my best friend. My father was one of the attendants who passed around the bread and wine.

There is something ironic in there somewhere.

• minimus
    minimus

You see why we are admonished to stay away from the Internet? They are the ruin to the organization!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I hated it. It was a gradual transformation that started with boredom, then just going felt like too much trouble, and then anger at what I was hearing versus what I was seeing. Then . . . . I left!

Nina

• integ
    integ

I agree completely with what DIAMOND said. The meetings were more tolerable when I actually BELIEVED what they were saying, but since I've found the Truth about it, and began having doubts, the meetings have become excruciating. Imagine being asked to give a prayer at a book study after reading the comments on this,and other "apostate' sites. I now feel a personal responsibility to be as "true" to God as I can. Unlike others that just pray so as to take up time, and ask for blessings on the fds etc. I asked in the last prayer I gave that God's "true will" be made known to everyone, and that whatever He purposes come to be. Everyone said Amen. Probably happy I did'nt go on a 5 minute diatribe of concocted non-sense. I've stated before that I beleive that about 50 percent of the r and f don't want to be there. I still feel that's fairly accurate.

• sandy
    sandy
    "Nothing was worst than having to go to the meetings on a holiday weekend. I remember going to Yankee Stadium when I was a kid."

Minimus, the worst part about being there is not being able to watch a game. LOL

• minimus
    minimus

Everytime I'm in NYC, I see that Yankee Stadium sign. What fond memories!!!! I would imagine that if you stopped going to meetings and then started going again, it would suck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit