PORTUGAL: Filed a petition to the parliament to erase the legal entity of the Jehovah's Witness

by EdenOne 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

(Continued ...)

Once you have pressed the green button "Assinar Petição" (SIGN THIS PETITION). you will see this screen:

This is where you enter your data.

FIELD ONE "Nome Completo" : Your Full Name (Mandatory)

Please don't use aliases or handles or nicknames. In rare random cases, the website may ask further ID.

FIELD TWO "Email": Your contact email (Mandatory)

FIELD THREE: "Comentário": Leave a comment (Optional)

You are also given the option to sign in using your Facebook account. If you have issues concerning your privacy, I advise you to avoid doing so. CLICK THE GREEN BUTTON "ASSINAR PETIÇÃO" to complete.

Once you sign, you get a "thank you for your participation" screen and asks if you want to share the petition with your friends.

Most people choose not to, so click the black button "Não Pretendo Ajuda" (I Don't plan to help)

4) You will get an email to the mail address that you have entered, to confirm your vote.

Click on the link to confirm your signature.

Once you do that, you will get another "Thank you" screen. Close it, and it's done.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE STILL "IN" AND YOU MAY FEAR THAT YOUR NAME BE VISIBLE TO WATCHTOWER MOLES, USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT. ONE SUGGESTION: DON'T SAY WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE VOTING FROM AND DON'T USE YOUR FULL NAME. Example: If your name is John Paul Pope Doe, you may use "Paul Pope", for example.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks. it was the 'do you want to share this or not' that got me confused when it came to confirming.

I don't think watchtower can object to something like this as all we are asking is for a modification of the disfellowshipping policy.

• Simon
    Simon
    The problem with this example is there are many non-JW's would react the same and there are many cases where people throw their children out and cut-off contact with them. JW's are a minority group, hence the cases of JW's shunning their family members are way much much lesser than other religions or non-religious people who shun and even harm and torture their family members for wrongdoing.

I agree, it wouldn't be behaviour unique to them (and many will see the desire to bring up children with some morals as a good thing). You honestly think that pointing to something that is not a crime can be used as justification for dismantling a legal organization?

In India, there are some states where people still believe in honor killing, where parents will even kill their adult children if they marry outside their caste. A 16 year old, fornicating? The entire family will be cast out and will be hounded for the rest of their lives.

Exactly, there are people who really DO fear genuine human rights abuses (and these things happen in western countries too) and those are the things that governments should be focused on.

• TJ Curioso
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

388 signatures

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The petition has reached the milestone of 400 signatures.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

wow wonderful news

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

424 signatures

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit