Do You Think Prostitution Should Be Decriminalized?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Consenting adults, yes. Decriminalize.

• krismalone
    krismalone

What 2 consenting adults decide to do as long as no one gets hurt, is no ones business. Forced prostitution ie. pimps and traffickers need to be aggressively prosecuted and automatic life sentences should be imposed on them.

Legalizing prostitution will actually make it safer for the providers and the Johns as no one has to be taking risk by hiding and going to dangerous areas; not to mention the tax benefits for the government.

Only very few countries have laws against prostitution. All of North America allows prostitution except for the USA. Even Canada has made prostitution legal. As mentioned already, traffickers and pimps are the ones that need to be prosecuted.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

On a side note, my wife and I have been to Costa Rica a couple of times (where prostitution is legal) and when we are checking into a hotel, they have always looked at her and asked her "Are you with him?" and then ask to see her passport.

It really pisses Mrs. Rub a Dub (originally from Columbia) off when they ask her that.

I personally find it amusing.

Rub a Dub

• sparky1
    sparky1

Over 18 years old and between legally competent parties...by all means.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Well, it is the oldest business in the world.

Plus it's the only business that you can sell it... but still have it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit