Do You Think Prostitution Should Be Decriminalized?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If they do, women should be at least 25 in my opinion. Anyone under that should be in school. They also need to ensure her money is her own, ie no violent boyfriends taking it. And that the women is psychologically healthy and sexually healthy.

Some extremely disabled men (&women)have no choice. It’s a disgrace that such ones should be penalised and made criminal because of it. I’ve even known nurses pushed into such a role through pity, with no experience and far from psychologically prepared.

• Simon
    Simon

I think human traffickers should face the death penalty.

But not a quick one, it should always be botched.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sex is normal that two consenting adults ( usually) agree to whether they be of the opposite sex or the same sex.

There is nothing abnormal about it ,its not dirty or obscene nor is it a sin with consenting adults that I can see.

Like any industry it needs to be regulated and safety measures put in place to protect the one providing the service and the client .

As the saying goes its the oldest profession in the world ,so why criminalise it ?

And of course restrictions need to be put in place to stop abuses such as criminals ,pimps ,exploitation of youths ,children etc,etc.

So my answer is yes ,if all of these safegaurds and others I haven`t thought of are in place .

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Prostitution is legal in England, Scotland and Wales, that is the buying of sex for money. Soliciting in public places, pimping or running a brothel are illegal but being a sex worker, for example from your home, is not.

I don't have a problem with sex work per se as long as young women aren't forced into it by poverty, homelessness or being deliberately made to have a drug habit by a pimp.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Yes..and it should be available under the NHS.

I've never used a prostitute..simply because I don't know any.

But having been married 4 times I think it's fair to say I've paid a fortune for sex over the years.

• minimus
    minimus

Stan, lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

U must’ve been in a good part of Costa Rica

Min ...

We were in San Jose and driving around all of the volcanos and coffee plantations.

But some very pretty women in San Jose. Apparently, a lot come from neighboring Nicaragua also, at least that's what my wife was explaining to me.

Rub a Dub

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Yes as well as most drugs (sadly have not taken advantage of either).

But there would have to be careful regulation of both.

It is insane that a person can not charge for preforming a sexual task.

It is insane that things like Magic Mushrooms are criminal when all research shows A. the are not toxic, B non-addictive, C there are many benefits to using them.

But Tobacco and Alcohol which are horrible for health and have caused so much suffering and billions of $ of cost are Ok.

• Giordano
    Giordano

For a long time there were temple prostitutes who provided sex. So there was organized events:

"Sacred prostitution, temple prostitution, cult prostitution, and religious prostitution are general terms for a sexual rite consisting of sexual intercourse or other sexual activity performed in the context of religious worship, perhaps as a form of fertility rite or divine marriage."

Wikipedia

This is when lipstick became popular. It was a form of advertising other sexual services.

Back to the subject at hand.............yes prostitution should become legal with some safety features.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Back to the subject at hand........

Giordano ...

We aren't referring to using one's hand, but rather prostitution.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit