Is the Watchtower organisation facing the biggest crisis of its history?

by slimboyfat 91 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A prolonged decline would directly contradict their decades long use of

2 Peter 3:9 Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Slimboy, and yes, of course they can try and spin this any way they want.

But I remember years ago, in the place where I worked, there was a gradual, but increasing bad smell (apart form the gas expelled by Phizzy, a lover of Real Ale and Stilton blue cheese, a lethal combination).

Eventually we searched extensively, and found a Dead Rat !

I think the combination of all the above frankly weirdo moves (from a JW point of view) from the Org, are going to slowly, but inexorably, build until many JW's smell the Dead Rat !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Brokeback Watchtower I think you're absolutely right they might try to fudge the numbers to hide declines. So far they've been pretty honest with the numbers as far as we can tell, because independent census returns consistently show more JWs than their own tally. But it's easy to be honest when things are going well. I wouldn't put it past them to flat out lie in order to hide declining numbers if things go sour. But if they do start to lie, one statistic they can't lie about easily is the number of congregations, as this can be verified. When decline sets in, congregation numbers will begin to decline as sure as anything. That's the number to keep an eye on above all else. If congregations start closing but they keep claiming growth we'll know they are inflating the numbers.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Any injustices that ordinary Witnesses faced were conceived as a result of evil among local low-level representatives. The leaders of the organisation were kept in the highest esteem. They were like the imaginary friend who was always on your side.

I seem to recall hearing that in wartime, the German people, on learning of some of the atrocities and beatings being carried out by storm troopers and the like would often exclaim: "If only the Fuhrer knew!"

• Laika
    Laika
    They have some interesting challenges for sure. The preaching work must be a major drain on their resources, since it involves giving away a huge amount of free literature, but any attempts to scale that down would cause far more doubts then 100 changes to the generation doctrine.

I've also read on here that there are concerns about them finding enough 'appointed men' to run their congregations, if this becomes a big problem they might have to scale back on activity but constant activity is an important part of keeping JWs going.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Heard today from an old timer "sister" in an unguarded moment , on hearing that Steven Lett was doing this month's broadcast...

" Oh, I can't stand that man! I have close my eyes to his face and gestures"

That, of one of her "Spirit appointed slave of The Lord"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Laika said :" The preaching work must be a major drain on their resources, since it involves giving away a huge amount of free literature".

In my day we used to pay, via the Worldwide Work box, as JW's, for all Literature we gave away, has something changed ?

• Laika
    Laika
    Hi Phizzy: "In my day we used to pay, via the Worldwide Work box, as JW's, for all Literature we gave away, has something changed?"
    This would be done at a JWs discretion, and in my experience as accounts servant most JWs don't put in enough to cover the costs. I doubt they would have reduced the size of the magazines if they were contributing enough.
  • sir82
    sir82

A prolonged decline would directly contradict their decades long use of

2 Peter 3:9 Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
    I think they are well past even caring if there are scriptural arguments to justify their changes.

The whole "Great Crowd was identified in 1935" teaching is completely proven bogus by now. 80 years on, every one of those 800 people who stood up at the convention is dead, dead, dead. They were not part of the "great crowd" since they did not survive Armageddon. So who were they? What "class" were they?

There is no "class" in JW doctrine for "entire generations of people who are born and die during the 'last days' as JWs with an earthly hope." If you are a JW during the "last days", there are only 2 groups identified: "anointed" and "great crowd".

Yet they've never rescinded the "1935" teaching.

So if a development seems to contradict 2 Peter 3:9? They'll just ignore it, as they have done with the obsolete "great crowd in 1935" doctrine.
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The WT is a business. Like any other business there are ups and downs.

It used to be a publishing company now its a real state company.

They are better than ever biz wise. They just made millions, thousands of millions and are now cuttting expenses saving hundreds of millions. And obviously asking for even more money.

So business wise they are stronger than ever. The "we dont have money" cry is just another biz move to save and hide their money.

When the WT became an official religion in mexico and had to declare their goods, they were officially broke. The balance sheet for the printing company was zero. I saw the document.

Immediately after they started the biggest construction project ever in mexico.

What about the rank and file? They are trapped by the most clever line :"wait on jehovah, pray more, preach more, repeat"

So it doesn't mattter how stupid decisions the elders, the WT or the Gb make. It doesn't matter even if half of the rank and file left... They still have the mind control line "wait on jehovah"

The WT still has another hundred years at least. 3 generations more of internet connected people and the truth of their deception will come to light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit