Finally posting and I'm FRUSTRATED!!!

by stephanie61092 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Hi Stephanie. I'm so sorry you lost the child you were carrying and JWs said such heartless things about your pain. Please don't blow your brains out. You most certainly can have a normal life and going on what you say about your parents there is hope for a relationship with them too. They've got their heads screwed on. Just slow down and let yourself cope with the shock of finding out it's a cult before you decide what to do next. Good to have you here.
  • done4good
    done4good

Stephanie61092 - The brother passing mics refused to let me touch the microphone. instead, he reached over 4 seats to hand the mic to the brother and then rushed around the entire section of seats so he could collect the mic from the other side of the brother. I was floored. I know I'm disfellowshipped, but I didn't think I was a ghost or a leper. I was still a living, breathing human who could pass a damn microphone.

You get a very different perspective of the organization when forced outside of its "normal" structure. I saw this even when under public reproof, not even DF'd. Very revealing. In my case, I know it prevented me from even wanting to bother to get my "privileges" back. It was a very surreal experience, and not in a good way. There is only one way to go from there...

d4g

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hi Stephanie61092, welcome to the forum! You are so brave and I am so glad you posted here. This forum is full of people with similar circumstances and backgrounds. You can receive so much good advice by truly caring people. I'm sorry it took me so long to post my hello, somehow I missed the thread.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Stephanie61092 explained, "...Growing up, I never really had much of a relationship with Jehovah and didn't really understand how that worked..."

That's because you CANNOT have a "relationship" with a sock-puppet!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Any relationship with a deity is bound to be very one-sided.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

An apostate is not someone who questions in sincerity, nor someone who has doubts, nor someone who expresses real concern over flaws in doctrine

... the flaws - and those who protect them - they are the apostasy. But to question is neither disloyal to God nor lacking faith - just how we learn, how we make sure of things.

best wishes,

Acts5v29

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    An apostate is not someone who questions in sincerity, nor someone who has doubts, nor someone who expresses real concern over flaws in doctrine

You are completely wrong, that's exactly what an apostate is. Apostasy is a good thing, it's the challenge to dogma by a critical mind. It's Copernicus and Darwin. It's why we have modern medicine instead of witchcraft and why homosexuality has become nothing to be ashamed of.

Apostasy is simply a challenge to established politics, religions and science.

Nothing is sacred.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome Stephanie!

I'm sorry I missed when you first posted. As others mentioned - No Vomit in your story! It's very relatable. You have every right to be pissed. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your visit went/goes well with the therapist.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• JRK
    JRK

Steph,

Just remember: the best thing about beating your head against the wall, is how good it feels when you stop!

Hang in there, it will get better.

JK

• Conanthebeliever
    Conanthebeliever

I am very scared at the moment.

I am brain damaged, and thought I had found something good-and have been told thing such as "Only a crazy JW would do that", "It was a small incident overblown", Or "that is not true at all, that is completely twisted".

What is COC? I would like to read it.

I have been studying as a witness for around 7 months, but after reading on here, I realise what others are telling me is most likely true. People don't like me at the hall for who I am, but just because I believe what they do. If I left, they would not be my friends would they?

I always had a 'moral compass', and helped others. Most people say I am the kindest person they know.

I just want to know if I am getting myself into something I really should not be, my brain damage affects my decision making and I am easily led.

I really need to know-I am not baptized yet as I am in a 5 year relationship with my fiancee, who is not a witness.

If it really is something bad, I want no part of it, I will still believe in a god, but I will believe in the way I already believed-very similar to JW's beliefs, although I believe god may of been passed down and down, with name changes, but is the one and the same.

I really could do with some advice.

Thank you all, Conan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit