Finally posting and I'm FRUSTRATED!!!

by stephanie61092 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Stephanie, your rant and your pain are very understandable to many of us here.

Take your time and carefully make plans for your own future.

Best wishes.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Thanks for sharing your experience!
    Join the club, we have jackets.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Stephanie

So glad to have read your well written post. You are on a journey and a tough one at that. We have all been through it and it is a long road. It does get better. The loss of family is something NO ONE should have to experience.

It is good you are getting therapy. We all understand what you are feeling. Take time to process everything and it will get better. Take one day at a time.

Hugs to you.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stephanie......where you are, we have been. The moment of waking up,when the penny drops and the scales fall off your eyes is a traumatic experience.. Thank you for sharing. In my experience exJW's are the only ones who can understand each other.

It gets better fom here on, believe me

Welcome to the board...

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Steph,

Two thumbs way up for your heartfelt rant. You are among friends here. I am still baptized and have been inactive for several months now. I envy that you are completely out and you know the truth about the truth (ttatt).

You have big decisions in life headed your way--to go back to the org and live a lie for your family or live authentically according to your own moral compass and face losing them. Unfortunately, I am having to live a lie for my family right now, and it tears me up inside. One of our members (freemindfade) used a really good metaphor today that the JW's are the ones in "prison" and we are the ones walking out into freedom. It is not your fault they choose to stay in this horrible cult.

From what I can see, you're smart, you're strong, you're witty, and you damn sure deserve much better than this right now!

HAF

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi Steph x

apostates are just--people. from all walks of life--rich or poor--young and old.

but weve all got the same thing in common--escaped from a crazy cult.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thank you for sharing your life with us and welcome to you and all the newbies!

• freddo
    freddo
    Welcome to Stephanie and hidethevelociraptors.
  • steve2
    steve2

The realisation that apostates are....pretty ordinary people can come as quite a shock to "True" believers.

Each religious group intent on securing its unique hold on "Truth" simply cannot afford to say anything nice or civil about its apostates . The only alternative? Demonize them and demonize them again for good measure. And warn, warn, warn the flock not to listen to these evil apostates.

• Sabin
    Sabin

You are a very brave young woman. It will be tough on that you can bet. however it does get easier. For a while you feel alone like every one else is happy but that just isn't true. Be you, be true. I always find tea is good, but then I'm British. Big Hugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit