our secret dating got caught...

by trueloveneverfails94 57 Replies latest social relationships

• trueloveneverfails94
    trueloveneverfails94
    Brandsnew/ what kind of problems would we face? I know holding hands is not crime, but we were not chaperoned..
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Where in the Bible does it say that you need to be chaperoned???
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Read the song of Solomon and take care of her garden. Nothing else really matters.
  • trueloveneverfails94
    trueloveneverfails94
    I do believe and it was a reason why I have been studying, but thoughts of not being able to with someone that I love just because of my belief also makes me really upset... I am curious what would come to us especially to her since she is baptized and what I could do to be with her...
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You're 21 years old...both of you. Stop and think for a minute about these silly rules, where you aren't allowed to sit in a coffee shop and hold hands with someone you love without worrying about being tattled on and questioned. Its rather insane, isn't it?

Stick around here, lots of good threads on the JW religion as a whole. You owe it to yourself to fully understand what you are getting involved in, it will literally be life changing on levels you don't realize right now.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Run away from the religion, this is your wake up call.
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I am curious what would come to us especially to her since she is baptize...

More would happen to her than you since she is baptized. Dating a non-witness isn't a disfellowshipping offense, although that could be a gray area with some elders, but she would at least be marked if she continues to see you. Being marked is half way to being disfellowshipped.

If she is marked a talk would be given explaining what has happened, then the elders would make sure the congregation knew who was being marked even if her name isn't mentioned in that same talk. A marked person can be talked to and associated with at meetings, but not so much away from meetings.

Her pioneering would be gone for sure.

As others have said, this is a very controlling religion even at times when it should mind its own business. If you decide to get baptized into the JW religion you should be prepared for a life that is full of this same controlling behavior.

• zeb
    zeb

Realize this dear friend you have been victim of one of the elderette dragon class.. They are a product of the wts teachings taken to extremes and there are many of them.

what business is it of hers that you sat together without a chaperone. No business at all. Please place this strongly in mind if your love is 'marked 'or you are 'marked' by a talk that is nothing but bloody minded control. The same mentality opposes MARRIED couples holding hands during final songs and prayers.

Perhaps the dragon class would less keen to report if they were named along with the people they like to inform on.. any takers?

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

She can and should use the argument that you meet in puplic, so she can argue that both of you play after the rules for dating, exept you unbaptized. If there any trouble, but mostly ask after a cong is typical JW-smalltalk. Keep calm.

And as the others told you: do your research about the teachings. Read "Crisis of considence". Don't do the dip. I caught inside, so belive me, if you trust the bible it don't mean you have to buy the JW-cult.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    2+2=5 when you're ready to write a post in the OP's first language we'll be all ears....I'm guessing you are multi lingual with an attitude like that, yes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit