our secret dating got caught...

by trueloveneverfails94 57 Replies latest social relationships

• trueloveneverfails94
    trueloveneverfails94

We both are 21 years old.

We both are 21 years old. I am almost done with my study and working on to become one of an unbaptized publisher. my gf is baptized and is doing special pinoeer this month. We love each other deeply and believe that we are meant to be together in many ways. We have been secretely dating for 3months and everything was good except several suspicions from her sister till today. We were talking to each other at a coffee shop in the morning and we were holding our hands together on the table while waiting for our drinks. There was one lady who was continuously looking at us with frown upon her face (my gf didn't see her first cause she was standing behind her I guess) and she turned away when I looked at her. My gf then saw her and told me that she needs to go say hi because she knows her. the lady approached me later and asked my name and which congregation I go to. She was a wife of an elder at her congregation. Nothing has happened yet, but we both are afraid what is about to come to us. I have never regret about becoming a JW regardless of oppositions from parents ( I can't tell them because they are oppose to JW and believe in other religion) , but thinking of not being able to see her drives me crazy and I feel lost and can't stop questioning myself about my decision being JW for the first time thinking that I can't even love someone in a way that I want to when I love her with all my heart.. I need support ...

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Welcome. You write extremely well, I couldn't stop reading. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • millie210
    millie210

Hi trueloveneverfails,

So what happens now for you?

I imagine this is very stressful in the moment. You have a lot of resources here. A lot of clear thinkers with a lot of experience.

• trueloveneverfails94
    trueloveneverfails94
    I had to edit it cause I thought I put everything in, but it got cut off..
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    Sad really. Reminds me of 1950's interracial relationships. Adults having to hide their love from view.
  • millie210
    millie210

You have support here!

In the Witness arrangement, she really shouldnt date you until you are baptized. The fact that you are saying "nothing has happened" should only warrant what is called "strong counsel" at this point.

The problem is going to be that they will want you to cease meeting each other until after your baptism.

I know that will be hard but that is going to be what they tell you.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Do you believe the religion is "the Truth"?
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Unbaptized = no problemo.

Baptized = mucho problemos

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Holding hands is not a crime either☺
  • talesin
    talesin

If you can take a moment and step outside the situation, think about this.

You and your girlfriend are holding hands in a coffee shop. You are both adults, 21 years of age. The wife of one of the elders of your girlfriend's church sees you holding hands, and this is a thing to fear? What business is it of hers?

Do you see the control that they have over your girlfriend? Do you realize that your every action will be monitored and scrutinized by people like this elder's wife, for the rest of your life?

You've been dating three months. Please, have a long talk with your parents, and understand that they fear losing you! Read experiences of the people on this forum, whose families have been torn apart by the Jehovah's Witness cult. Your parents' fear is real. There is a reason they do not like this religion.

There is an old expression, "Marry in haste, repent at leisure".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit