deep thoughts

by lancelink 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

WTC had no problem buying or selling to Babylon the Great. That should tell you something. That is why they joined the UN - to get cozy with other organized religions who could provide ideas about organization and profitability.

• blondie
    blondie

Kingdom Ministry July 1969, page 4, bottom right hand side

Question Box: Is it all right to buy a church building for use as a Kingdom Hall or, when a new Kingdom Hall is built, to sell the former hall for use as a church?https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5122638494040064/mega-church-buys-jw-assembly-hall-property-indianapolis

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

interesting about renting because it is my understanding that Masonic lodges were rented at one time or other.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The two Kingdom Halls that I attended back in Pennsylvania are now a town's borough building and police station and the other is a church of some homemade denomination (Shekinah Temple). The main KH in Pittsburgh's Oakland area (Central Kingdom Hall) is now a Islamic Center.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I do believe selling to another church was forbidden at one point in the 70's. They used an OT passage about giving aid to the Canaanites. I guess in time it was reversed as a result of the nondiscrimination laws regarding real estate sales.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ironic that a Kingdumb Hell in Pittsburgh, BIRTHPLACE of this entire cult, was sold to Babylon the Great and is now an Islamic Center.

These grifters have absolutely ZERO shame!

• titch
    titch

Folks: That is an interesting post from Blondie. Back in 1968, the local congregation that I was a member of, here in Southern California, decided to buy a local church building, which at one time was used by the Calvary Chapel organization. (The famous pastor, Chuck Smith was the pastor of that church) So, from April 1968 to June 1973, that church building was a local Kingdom Hall. But, in June of 1973, the local Elders decided to sell the building, and move back into the other local Kingdom Hall. Why that decision was made, I do not remember, at this time. And, what religious organization they sold it to, in June 1973, I don't recall. But, yeah, during that time---April 1968 to June 1973, no one had any qualms about meeting in a former church building. The building even had its own wooden pews to sit in! Wow! Best Regards, everyone!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"I do believe selling to another church was forbidden at one point in the 70's. They used an OT passage about giving aid to the Canaanites. I guess in time it was reversed as a result of the nondiscrimination laws regarding real estate sales. "

Of course when something changes so it benefits the Borg, the Borg takes full advantage of it because it benefits them.

When there's big bucks involved, there you have it the Borg swoons right in gobbles it right up. When it benefits the Borg, of course.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Expandedmind, you have a DM.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have heard the excuse that the JW's cannot discriminate when selling a building.

But if they say to get rid of your demon stuff when you become a JW and not to go into churches, then they could say they don't want Satan's organization to have that wonderful building built by Jehovah's people, so they will tear it down and sell the land.

But that would cost them money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit