Mega-Church buys JW Assembly Hall property in Indianapolis

by OrphanCrow 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And yet another sale of Watchtower property...

http://www.ibj.com/articles/59973-suburban-mega-church-expanding-into-downtown-with-big-purchase

Suburban megachurch expanding into downtown with big purchase
    A historic church building at the corner of 12th and Delaware streets has been purchased by a large congregation expanding into the downtown area.

Traders Point Christian Church in Whitestown is spending $2 million to renovate the 35,300-square-foot structure and should have it ready for worship early next year, Rev. James Stanley said.

The neoclassical, limestone building has been used as a place of worship since it was built in 1912 and had been owned by The Jehovah’s Witnesses since 1978.

The location at 1201 N. Delaware St., across from the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, will be the third for Traders Point. The congregation turned to downtown following its entrance into Carmel in January and quickly homed in on the Jehovah’s facility.

“We could not believe the pristine, well-maintained condition of the building,” Stanley said. “It was like everyone’s jaw dropped, with a building that old, how well-maintained it had been.”
    The building includes a 1,200-seat auditorium renovated in 1995. That’s a little larger than what Traders Point needs. But the church likely will reduce the space somewhat to better fit its plans of hosting multiple services at different times.

Still, the structure’s overall size meets the congregation’s “prototype of what we’re looking for,” Stanley said.
    Interior work will be done to bring the space up to Traders Point standards.
    “The biggest portion of renovations will be to make it look like our brand,” he said. “The difference is, it’s got some historic features; we’re trying to respect that.”

*Read rest of article at link

Jehova-s-Witnesses-building_440px.jpg

**suggestion...this forum should have a section just for all the WT's real estate deals

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This was the assembly hall, I believe. The London Ohio assembly hall was also put up for sale at the same time, with plans for a southwest Ohio hall in Cincinati area. The project was taken off the table, but with this sale I wonder what will happen.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

In a strange way this is good for us because the sooner the borg get the money from the family silver the sooner they can spend it and once the family silver money is gone ITS GONE FOR EVER

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So....let me get this straight. I can not do any work or business with or on a church. I can not even attend a church for a wedding or funeral BUT Watchtower can sell a building to a church? Boy...that is the height of hypocrisy! They did this with our old Kingdom Hall (sold it to a church). Way to go WT...you don't even have any shame.

“We could not believe the pristine, well-maintained condition of the building,” Stanley said. “It was like everyone’s jaw dropped, with a building that old, how well-maintained it had been.”

Of course it was well maintained. Watchtower has great FREE labor at it's disposal!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mega-Church buys JW Assembly Hall property in Indianapolis..

...........An Urgent Message...........................We Sold Them An Old Kingdom Hall..

.....FROM THE WATCHTOWER...................Their Moving Truck Should Be Arriving!..

Image result for Watchtower the end of false religion is near..Image result for JW.org broadcasting

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

anyone want to pull up some juicy quotes about how JW's aren't supposed to have business dealings with FALSE RELIGION

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I went to that assembly hall. Why not sell it to a church? After all, it was a church before the dubs got it. I thought they bought it from a church. I used to feel so weird in there. It had the balcony and stained glass and felt like a church. Nice building though.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

ToesUp - that's right - We had a plumber who was castigated for considering to fix a leaking pipe at a church and told he would be df'ed if he did the task -

Also we were told that we never purchase a property that belonged to Kristy-dum -

But we don't mind taking their money [and sleazy Trumpian money too ! ]

• smiddy
    smiddy

The hypocricy of the G.B. knows no bounds. Next time you have an oppurtunity to talk with a JW , ask them the question as per OP , how they have two standards , one for the R&F and another for the G.B.

No doubt they will deny it as apostate lies that the media publishes .

Then bring up about the child sex scandals of the R.C.Church and they will believe everything the media says about it.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

HeyZAPPA-ESQUE!

We had a plumber who was castigated for considering to fix a leaking pipe at a church and told he would be df'ed if he did the task.

See BluesBrother's posting here:

"to do emergency repair work on a broken water pipe in the church basement"

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/251592/ymca-article?page=1#/4730843

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit