deep thoughts

by lancelink 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

This afternoon I drove by an old hall I attended ( Barrington Illinois) and noticed that it had been sold, it is now an Adventist

church ! Now here is my drive-home thinking.

Back in the 80's when I attended I was newly married, and had a young child. Trying to put kingom interests first, I quit my full time job and worked with the local witnesses and aux. pioneered. There were many opportunities that came up in doing work for local churches such as carpet cleaning, painting, carpentry, and electrical.

But whenever these opportunities popped up, the elders appeared like flies on a fresh pile. They always said, "what do you think will happen if Armageddon comes and your inside Babylon the great ?,,, That's right, you would be destroyed like all of their other terrible god-opposing members of that filthy organization".

And now those same elders sold their hall to another member of "false religion". I wondered all the way home, if those guys considered what would happen if armageddon came while they were closing that deal ? Would they alone have been killed, or would God have destroyed the rest of the congregation ?

Kind of a looney thought, but it really helped my boredom on the way home tonight. Amazing how the threats and guilt tripping from God go away for the witnesses when they smell money for themselves !

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

We have 2 former kh's that are now churches. So much for the buildings being dedicated to true worship.

• JohnTron7
    JohnTron7

Same thing happened to my kingdom hall. They even left the bricks that made watchtowers that held up the sign for the new church.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Where I live, 1 Kingdom Hall(tm) is now a Pentecostal Church. Another became an Islamic meeting place and the 3rd became a Mosque.

The Watchtower Corporation(tm) is just a corporation pretending to be a religion. It is a fake front.

Whatever happened to dedicating the Kingdom Hall(tm) to Jehovah(tm) and Pure Worship(tm)?

That must mean that Pure Worship(tm) is Islam and Pentecostals.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I found that elders would often tailor their advice to be as conservative as possible, even if it didn't make sense. But that is how the organization would present itself, too. They strongly discouraged people from doing work that might benefit the military, for example, even if this work was not done directly for them. Better safe than sorry, was the approach that they wanted us to follow.

...unless you were a young JW man in Mexico, offering a bribe to military officials in order to get a military card illegally, even though that made you a member of the armed forces and first in line to be called to serve during a time of war. Or any of a number of other questionable approaches taken for the sake of convenience.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Remember this: The Elduhzzzz don't get that money from the sale of the Kingdom Halls, nope! Not one red cent. It ALL goes back to WT HQ, "Mother." The Congregation doesn't see a cent for all of their hard work and sacrifice. WT stole all the property several years ago now, they own it ALL! And they don't give 2 shits about it being dedicated to Jehovah, or pure worship, or anything else. What WT HQ cares about is $$$$$.

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Hi Lancelink!

When I saw that you recently passed by the former Barrington Kingdom Hall, I wondered if we may know each other or know people in common. I was associated with the Palatine Kingdom Hall and currently live in Palatine. I am in close touch with a number of former Witnesses, some of whom went to Palatine and Barrington and other Halls in the suburbs. If you feel like sending me a message it might be interesting! Have a good day!

ExpandedMind

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

many moons ago when we were building a new hall, I thought it odd that they sold the old chairs to a church...( was that not supporting false religion) And so much for the dedication to Jehovah and pure worship for the new Halls, right? Hypocrites

• peacefulpete
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. We have KH's dedicated to "Jehovah".

To be sold to another "denomination", or another 'Asian' denomination.

Should any JW be seen walking into another church, they are worthy of losing everything, including any friend they ever had, also family and possibly employment is likely.

But, you have the Borg going and selling dedicated property and buildings once dedicated to "Jehovah'' to a church denomination worthy of destruction by fireballs which was once dedicated to ''Jehovah''.

Go figure. Hey?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit