New standard on how they treat disfellowship

by Butterflyleia85 42 Replies latest members private

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass2 - “…You are sort of reinstated?”

“Semi-stated”. 😏

• blondie
    blondie

I feel this is more a legal response of the df'ing issue coming up in court cases in the legal secular world. Looks bad. But people are still not welcomed into the inner circle of "good" jws.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You are "re-instated, but with restrictions"?

You cannot comment. So what?

You cannot be in the School. So what?

I'd get the hell outta Dodge. Start your FADE.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

reinstated invisibly

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think the main point to take away is that regardless of how they actually implement any policy changes, they are being required to lighten up on record…

which can’t help but undermine the fear of being DFed amongst the rank-and-file.

And more will grasp that (like I said before) once the tiger’s been effectively declawed and its teeth pulled…

…even if that’s just on paper

…it can’t really hurt you if you don’t want to ride it anymore.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Reinstated invisibly LoL

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, it's a good point that, although the new approach is not really that different when you look at the nuts and bolts, it does look less frightening. A climate of less fear ultimately means less control. Hopefully that's a good thing overall.

A thought just struck me: what is the effect of the change at the coalface, I.E. with the elders who administer the disfellowshipping policy. Does the new arrangement come with more or less admin and paperwork than the old one? If less, the elders, being ordinary human beings at the end of the day, would probably welcome the "kinder, gentler" approach.

Is the new rule likely to produce more but shorter disfellowshipments, or less?

• blondie
    blondie

I feel that these are CYA legal measures, since df'ing has come up in the courts as a way to reveal what the WTS is really like. Now they have to update their "secret" books because they are easily accessible to non-jws (even jws). So the WTS is rewriting their story.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They always reinvent themselves in a way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    blondie - “…Now they have to update their ‘secret’ books because they are easily accessible to non-jws (even jws)…”

Yeah, good luck getting that toothpaste back in the tube.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit