What Happens To You When You Die?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I wasted decades in a cult I'm not going to waste a minute refuting and even more ridiculous one.

Your cult hurts people...

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

And that which is dismissed by fools often can be asserted with evidence.

And if you don't want to refute with wisdom...shut up!

P.S. -- Decades you say? You mean you're older than two? You haven't acquired much wisdom, have you?

• cofty
    cofty
    that which is dismissed by fools often can be asserted with evidence - Coldsteel

Anecdotes are not evidence. You still have all your work to do.

I would be interested in your comments on the topic of the rise in suicides among Mormons caused by your new draconian homophobic rules ...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Here is an interesting video on the decomposition stages of the human body:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJrow7yaec

• Heaven
    Heaven

A question believers have been unable to answer for me is the following:

How can someone have any conscious thought, feeling, or any sort of perception of their external surroundings without a functioning brain and central nervous system, not to mention the absence of the other sensory receptors of vision (eyes), sound (ears), smell (nose), and taste (mouth, tongue, and tastebuds)?

I have yet to receive an answer.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman
    ooh cofty - cognative dissonance I think.....jeez...
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: What Happens To You When You Die?

A.: You leave your family wondering why you didn't have the foresight to prepare a will.

• flipper
    flipper

" What Happens to you When you Die ? "

Who the hell knows ? I guess I'll find out after I die. Tell you what Minimus- if I get your phone number in private sometime while I'm still alive in this fleshly body - I'll hang onto your phone number and after I die - if I'm able to- I'll call you . Deal ? It would be nice to think that some of my deceased friends have tried to contact me in my dreams as I've experienced- but I don't know if it's just dreams or someone contacting me from beyond. Won't really know until I experience death myself I imagine.

I mean who really knows until they experience it ? It's something I really don't worry about. I'm too busy enjoying the life I have while I have it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    How can someone have any conscious thought, feeling, or any sort of perception of their external surroundings without a functioning brain and central nervous system, not to mention the absence of the other sensory receptors of vision (eyes), sound (ears), smell (nose), and taste (mouth, tongue, and tastebuds)? I have yet to receive an answer.

The answer is actually quite simple. According to Christian beliefs, your soul consists of a physical body and a body of spirit. The spirit has all that you mention and simply detatches from the body. People who have near death experiences nearly always mention that they still have a body that appears to be very much like their physical bodies. They can see, hear, feel, think much like they did in the flesh, but without the limitations. One, for example, said that on Earth one could look at a toaster or an electronic organizer and not know much about it. But without the flesh, just seeing something opens up all sorts of knowledge. One not only knows what its for, but how it's made up and how it functions. I personally think we existed prior to taking on our physical bodies. It's said we are made in the image of God, which raises the question of why God has an image with all of our physical properties. But that's another topic.

The Hearse Song

• Phaedra
    Phaedra
    The afterlife, of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit