What Happens To You When You Die?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
  • minimus
    minimus
    I too was with my mother for quite a few minutes after her death and it was in odd experience. Funny thing my girlfriend went to her angel reader and the angel reader told her certain things about my mother being in heaven and mentioned things that only I knew about .strange is all I can say
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

The thought of my mother watching over me, that's sick. There are certain things I would rather

my mom not see..

• minimus
    minimus
    Lol👼🏽
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Everything stated on this matter is opinion, whether atheistic or religious.

As the ancient church was foundering, various church daters came forward to report what they remember the apostles saying. Origen wrote in the third century: "After death, I think the saints go to Paradise, a place of learning or school of the spirits, in which everything they did on Earth would be made clear to them." This seems to jive with many near death experiences where people report seeing or experiencing "life reviews" -- a not altogether pleasant examination of the right and wrong things one did while they were alive.

This is my view.

However, there's the famous Roman epithet:

I Was Not,

I Was,

I Am Not,

I Care Not!

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Minimus,

Good thread. The truth is no one knows.

Beware of people who speak with absolute certainty.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

If there is an afterlife with loves ones "looking down" it must be pure torture. Could you imagine dying and being a spirit creature and watching someone you love being murdered or raped and you have no power to stop it.

When we die, that is it. I think we as a species could handle it a little better if we had a reasonable life span. Living on this planet 80 years and 1/3 spent sleeping, 1/3 working, and the other 1/3 is spent arguing on the internet.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I don't know from personal experience, but Jesus says in the bible

24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!”

• naazira
    naazira
    I'm anointed sooooo.......
  • hoser
    hoser
    I don't know where we go when we die, but it can't be that bad of a place because nobody has ever come back to complain about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit