What Happens To You When You Die?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    Are our dead loved ones watching over us at all or are they really just gone now?
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

One thing the WT has right is what happens when you die.
    Game over.

Sadly.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What happens to me when I die?

Well, this is what I know: my heart will stop pumping blood, my breathing will stop, all other bodily functions will cease. My body will start to break down and give off malodourous gases. This has already happened to my deceased relatives.

What I don't know: afterlife, God, yadda, yadda.

P.S. It's a nice thought that our dead relatives have gone to a better place and are watching over us. But that's all it is - a nice thought, IMO.

• pbrow
    pbrow

While the thought of my grandmother looking over her seven kids and numerous grandchildren has its charms, I certainly dont want her looking down while I am... well... you know...

pbrow

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    You die - the end. There is no afterlife, rebirth or reincarnation. Ashes to ashes, funk to funky . .
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

It would be nice to know...but we don't know.

"... the spirit goes out..."

I was with my momma when she recently passed away and after she took her last breath, I sat with her, holding her hand, for over an hour.

Around 1/2 an half after she died, something "changed" -- There was like a "whoosh", a feeling of a presence leaving, and the room suddenly got darker, colder, emptier...

I had heard of these types of experiences, but when I was a JW, I always regarded them as "demonic". (Such rubbish!!)

Now I just don't know .... All there is, is silence. Memories.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

We know Major Tom's a junkie....

• out4good4
    out4good4
    So, jehovah really doesn't "hold" us in his memory to be returned in pair 'o dice?
  • cofty
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'm in the "game over" camp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit