Need help - the Revelation Climax book

by ozziepost 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

Stern has crossed into the risque many times.

In 1978, Gruner + Jahr was sued (unsuccessfully) to ban the sexualized covers from the magazine so I am hardly the only person to know of and remember them:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

No JWs would be looking in this,,,now would they?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I did a google search for the pictured French actress and found this photo:

Admittedly a different photo shoot, hairstyle and clothing, but quite similar to the Stern photo.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

TheOldHippie:

Second, the WT did not steal the picture from Stern, but they both bought it from a stock or whatever it is called, where thousands of photos are available for magazines, newspapers etc. I remember a few years back, when the WT had a picture of Santa Claus on the front page, and a big newspaper in my country had the same picture. Neither had stolen it from the other, but both had bought it from such a stock.

Citation needed. 😂 The fact that stock photos exist is not evidence that the photo in Stern is a stock photo.

• TD
    TD

It's no more stock photography then the pictures of Sharbat Gula (National Geographic 1985), Madonna (Rolling Stone 1987), Bob Dylan (Prisma 2011), Marilyn Monroe (Playboy 1953) and Dwight Eisenhower (Life 1948) were.

--Magazines known for their iconic photography took their own photographs, which is what made them unique. And although it offended a lot of German women, there is no denying that the picture of Grace Jones, naked and in chains (Stern 1978) was iconic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit