Is this how you saw your Armageddon? I sure did :(

by Diogenesister 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think most of our imaginations of the new world was probably nothing like the Watchtower reality. After all, we jws are very good at avoiding uncomfortable truths! You can tell Micheal Jackson was a certain type of Jehovahs witness. I honestly, with all my heart didnt think God would kill anyone when I believed. This is really, in my child like mind, how I envisioned Armageddon.

Ok there may be the judgemental jw who relished punishment for some and I was utterly gobsmacked when I heard that some people would point out houses they wanted to inherit. I didnt even think modern, man made buildings would even be a thing after a while. I imagined everything being very "green" in an ecological sense with most people living in teepee -like dwellings! Certainly no materialistic western mansions!!! I didnt think of god being the old testement rule imposer who threatened yet another extermination in a thousand years..

I also always included the animals as having long happy lives and didnt want to contenence their deaths. (I didnt worry about plagues of mosquitoes that never died off!)

So when I watched this video I shed a little tear for the end my beautiful, child like dream

https://youtu.be/XAi3VTSdTxU

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates

I didn't see Michael Jackson surviving it, but then I didn't see myself surviving it either. Armageddon was always something that the better JWs were going to get through, not the lowly sinful ones like me. Plus I was never baptised, which is a prerequisite for survival.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The 12 Apostates - You and I share that experience. It was a miserable life for me.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Diogenesister, I think I saw the earth transformed, beautiful mountains, rivers, trees and animals. Just like the pictures in the literature! But I didn't imagine being anywhere near JWs especially elders because I was sick of the unpleasant people who just seemed to want to bite and tear at one another.

Basically I wanted to escape to the country! 😀 Just me, my lovely husband, a few animals and have some babies. What's so sad is that was completely doable without that damn religion and its fantasy world.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

If Jehovah really sees men's hearts, why does he use such convoluted ways to kill the wicked? Only a cruel, unloving, God would cause such suffering. That's why so many blind themselves to the wording in the Watchtower. They know in their hearts that a loving God would never be so unfair, or illogical.

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates

It really says something that the religion's beliefs are so deranged that most of its adherents don't truly believe it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I was this delusional at one time too. So naïve, gullible and brainwashed to believe that only JW's in good standing would pass through the GB, Armageddon into the new system. I get sick thinking about it.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

A round of applause for spolettas post. Beautifully put.

• Jidders
    Jidders

Honestly I never really thought too much on the destruction part and just had thoughts on paradise. Honestly I figured it be angels destroying the armies of the governments and Satan while everyone else watched on. I find it strange that if the faithful are to be protected during the final hour that go bags, shelters and everything are even necessary. I figured the faithful would get the same protection as the apostles in the Lions pit illustrations the WT published: buff angels guarding the meek etc.

On a positive note one of my few dreams that I had of paradise that I can remember was going to what was an abandoned/repurposed shopping mall that was being used as like a community center, people trading goods, playing music, seeing my family members meeting up all that fluffy stuff, and I met this nice Indian girl and her pet tiger (stereotypical subconscious eh?) She was cool.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The 12 Apostates

The 12 Apostates3 hours ago
    It really says something that the religion's beliefs are so deranged that most of its adherents don't truly believe it.

Exactly. As you and Spoletta say, it just seemed impossible a loving God would kill anyone. I saw people (still do) who do "bad" things as damaged...wiring not working ( I mean bad in the criminal sense, not silly watchtower sins).

Jidders I find it strange that if the faithful are to be protected during the final hour that go bags, shelters and everything are even necessary. I figured the faithful would get the same protection as the apostles in the Lions pit illustrations the WT published: buff angels guarding the meek etc.

Yes!! I imaged a kind of force field around everyone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit