Did you look like a Jehovah Witness?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

be wise,

Can't show you a pic, but just head around to my place. I'm about to the head off to the beach - dressed in long dark pants, polished black shoes, a white long-sleeved shirt....and of course a neck tie of modest taste. I just can't seem to get out of the habit.....even do the lawn and garden dressesd that way. Sets a good example for the neighbours.

One of funniest moments I recall from my jaydubs days, and coming from the surf culture, was to see some local brothers and sisters witnessing on the local beach dressed in their 'Sunday best'. I know my thoughts, and I can only assume that anyone that was approached by them, could only arrive at the logical conclusion that these people were complete and utter 'shit-for-a-brain' f*** wits.

cheeses (who didn't always think pure thoughts).

• be wise
    be wise
    I just can't seem to get out of the habit.....even do the lawn and garden dressesd that way. Sets a good example for the neighbours.

heh heh,

I can see it now,

Still love to see the real thing though,

any takers

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Hmmm...do you think these guys do?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I dunno.......do ?

ESTEE

• jwbot
    jwbot

I never did, I was always counsuled for my attire. Jewelery, shirts, hair, makeup...I was never left alone!!!

One time an elder told me my shirts are too tight and might give the brothers the wrong idea, I told him they shouldn't be looking at my boobs because I was only 15 (at the time) and its their fault if they have dirty thoughts. I actually dressed modestly still, just not compaired to the rest of the frumpy, no-style witnesses....

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Estee,

Sorry, but there is no way you would allowed onto the platform dressed like that. You brazen hussy, you looking like, oh, .....just too immoral.

cheeses the prude.

• greven
    greven

Um let's see:

At meetings: bow-tie, leather italian shoes, good quality black suit (not Armani or anything, but reasonable expensive, NO polyester). I looked a bit like James Bond.

In normal life: jeans (blue/black) or combat-trousers(kaki/black), black t-shirt, lumberjack-jacket (the real Canadian ones, imported uh Life-Line(tm)) and army boots.

Average JW? Nope.

Greven

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Even now I'm somtimes asked if I'm a 'Christian', dunno why... I never conciously changed the way I dressed or anything, so maybe I still have THE LOOK.... I was wearing a holster and gun the other day, so that wouldn't look very JW...

• Francois
    Francois

How does a Christian in the Twenty-First century dress? I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that decision rests within the conscience of each and every Christian.

Paul would have done whatever the Romans were doing to blend in.

Gandhi would have dressed like whomever he was trying to reach.

I don't believe either man would have checked with some group of Ivory Tower know-it-alls.

francois

• Aztec
    Aztec

Bradley, you are preppy. You don't look like you just got out of Bethel IMO. I never did look like I was a witness. Even witnesses had more fashion sense than me...:( ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit